FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they will quickly be considering B attractions. This list is not perfect, it's based on my opinion. And you make good points that I respect. This may be blasphemy, but I don't consider Pan a headliner either. Anyone who refers to this list and cares enough will see early on from the ensuing discussion that Pooh is a high B (in my opinion) and will hopefully take that into consideration. That still achieves the goal while not complicating the list. ;)

Fair enough. I can live with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wookiebeck....your interpretation makes FP+ seem somehow biblical and even, yes, commanded. :littleangel: This makes FP+ good and mysteriously acceptable.

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I seemed to have missed it if it has - I read somewhere that there is a two park limit for FP+ meaning you could have 3 in MK in the morning and 3 in HS studios in the evening. Do I understand this correctly? Because I have also read that we will be limited to one park (as I seem to infer from the post about the similar situation above of getting to MK at drop to get the rides out of the way without FP and then using the 3/day one park FP at HS). I will not be heading to WDW until Oct 2014 and I'm sure it will be ironed out quite a bit by the beginning of August next year, however, I'm really trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to complete all the parks and adult attractions in 4 days (including around the world festivities and ADRs of sorts), or if I'll need a 5th day. I'll be making my hotel reservations come this November.

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I seemed to have missed it if it has - I read somewhere that there is a two park limit for FP+ meaning you could have 3 in MK in the morning and 3 in HS studios in the evening. Do I understand this correctly? Because I have also read that we will be limited to one park (as I seem to infer from the post about the similar situation above of getting to MK at drop to get the rides out of the way without FP and then using the 3/day one park FP at HS). I will not be heading to WDW until Oct 2014 and I'm sure it will be ironed out quite a bit by the beginning of August next year, however, I'm really trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to complete all the parks and adult attractions in 4 days (including around the world festivities and ADRs of sorts), or if I'll need a 5th day. I'll be making my hotel reservations come this November.

At the moment, all indications are that FP+ can be selected in only one park per day. This is expected to last for at least the near- to mid-term. You may be hearing that testers can choose FP+ in one park and then FP in another. There is sooooo much confusing out there right now, it's difficult to see what the reality is. I think you (and all of us) will have to be patient while this gets sorted out in the coming months. It is frustrating for many.

I think you (and all of us) will have to be patient while this gets sorted out in the coming months. It is frustrating for many.

Why don't we all just say, "No, thank you" when asked if we'd like a fresh slice of FP+?

Why don't we all just say, "No, thank you" when asked if we'd like a fresh slice of FP+?
The concept of FP+ is kind of a relaxing idea to me, just the newness is not. I LIKE the idea that it is limited to 3 FP+, I just wish it will be 3 in at least 2 parks each. Then again, there is something to be said about "waiting in line", but there are plenty of other rides that I'll be in line for.... especially if I want to ride twice I guess. But this is all assuming that one gets to pick whatever rides they want and are not limited to one or multiples from a group. If I find out I can't have all three mountains in MK for example, I may avoid FP+ all together and go with FP.

But mesaboy2 is right, I just need to be patient.

If I find out I can't have all three mountains in MK for example, I may avoid FP+ all together and go with FP.

You might get that option while they are in the process of rolling this out, but once it's done rolling out, old FP will go away.

The concept of FP+ is kind of a relaxing idea to me, just the newness is not. I LIKE the idea that it is limited to 3 FP+, I just wish it will be 3 in at least 2 parks each. Then again, there is something to be said about "waiting in line", but there are plenty of other rides that I'll be in line for.... especially if I want to ride twice I guess. But this is all assuming that one gets to pick whatever rides they want and are not limited to one or multiples from a group. If I find out I can't have all three mountains in MK for example, I may avoid FP+ all together and go with FP.

But mesaboy2 is right, I just need to be patient.

And it's something that's been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating. There is no indication the regular FP will continue to have any real priority availability once FP+ rolls out. So people can keep saying "I'll just stick to FP" but Disney wants you to use its new system. And the only way to get that to happen is to make FP+ more attractive and FP less attractive. The capacity of the attractions won't increase and those FP+ reservations have to come from somewhere.

First post updated to add Illuminations. I found where this is a possible option.

Great list. I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but when talks of this first came out (aka the last time I followed this closely :blush:) there were talks of each park offering "tiers" of FP+ attractions - you could choose 2 attractions from Tier 1 and three from tier 2, for example. Tier 1 rides would be like Splash, Space, Big Thunder, etc. while Tier 2 would be like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. Has this been how it's worked in testing? Any indication this is how it will be when it goes live? I am going in November and want to be prepared for FP+ selections if/when I need to make them! How many FP+ selections per park has testing allowed? Thanks!

Great list. I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but when talks of this first came out (aka the last time I followed this closely :blush:) there were talks of each park offering "tiers" of FP+ attractions - you could choose 2 attractions from Tier 1 and three from tier 2, for example. Tier 1 rides would be like Splash, Space, Big Thunder, etc. while Tier 2 would be like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. Has this been how it's worked in testing? Any indication this is how it will be when it goes live? I am going in November and want to be prepared for FP+ selections if/when I need to make them! How many FP+ selections per park has testing allowed? Thanks!

Attraction tiering has not been in place for any of the tests this summer--you could pick any FP+s you wanted. That concept appears to have thankfully dropped by the wayside, and hopefully it stays there. Recent tests have allowed 3 FP+ selections (all in a single park) per day, with reports of a "bonus" FP+ sometimes thrown in under certain circumstances.

Cool, I'll note that and see what patterns develop over time. There's certainly a potential to add this type of info to the OP, but I'm sure you'll agree that too much is in flux right now. I've pretty much bowed out of all the FP+ test/implementation threads because of that.

At least for the August test, once you make your three MK selections, the system then automatically gives you a 4th pick and it is POTC. You can then change that to anything you want. The change system is very clunky right now but hopefully people will comment and Disney will fix it.

Also, the standard reply when you comment that more FP+ are needed is that the average guest only uses 2 FP. However, that logic is flawed. They need to look at how many fast passes does the average FP user use. That will be a much higher number. The more people who comment that more FP+ are needed, the more likely it will change.

I will report more information about the test phase after tomorrow when e have outlast day of testing from YC.

At least for the August test, once you make your three MK selections, the system then automatically gives you a 4th pick and it is POTC. You can then change that to anything you want. The change system is very clunky right now but hopefully people will comment and Disney will fix it.

Also, the standard reply when you comment that more FP+ are needed is that the average guest only uses 2 FP. However, that logic is flawed. They need to look at how many fast passes does the average FP user use. That will be a much higher number. The more people who comment that more FP+ are needed, the more likely it will change.

I will report more information about the test phase after tomorrow when e have outlast day of testing from YC.

After my 3 MK picks, the automatic bonus 4th pick was HM, but as in your case, I could then change that to whatever I wanted. Should note that my first 3 picks were the mountains, so it didn't seem that you needed any lesser picks or parade/ride combo to get the 4th pick.

I don't have anything useful to add, but I wanted to say thank you.

This list is really helpful to organization and planning. And the extra information and suggestions are fantastic.

My take, for what it's worth, on priorities for those attractions that now offer FP/FP+. Original list reflects reported current options only and is courtesy poster Vertical: FP+ Attraction List

Ranking System:
A - A must-get or risk waits of an hour or more.
B - Take it or leave it. Might make sense, depending on circumstances.
C - Chump. Rarely makes sense to get, but can also depend on circumstances.

*Attractions listed within the same priority group are in alphabetical order and not meant to suggest priority within the group.

MAGIC KINGDOM
A - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
A - Enchanted Tales With Belle
A - Peter Pan's Flight
A - Space Mountain
A - Splash Mountain
B - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
B - Haunted Mansion
B - Jungle Cruise
B - Main Street Electrical Parade *Does not always appear as an option
B - Meet Ariel at her Grotto
B - Meet the Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater
B - Pirates of the Caribbean
B - The Barnstormer
B - The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
B - Tomorrowland Speedway
B - Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
C - Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade *Does not always appear as an option
C - Dumbo the Flying Elephant
C - Mad Tea Party
C - Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
C - Mickey's PhilharMagic
C - Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
C - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
C - Wishes *Does not always appear as an option

EPCOT
A - Soarin
A - Test Track
B - Maelstrom
B - Mission: Space
B - Turtle Talk With Crush
C - Captain EO
C - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth *Does not always appear as an option
C - Journey Into Imagination With Figment
C - Living with the Land
C - Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
C - Spaceship Earth
C - The Seas with Nemo & Friends

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
A - Fantasmic *Does not always appear as an option
A - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
A - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
A - Toy Story Midway Mania
B - Star Tours
B - The Great Movie Ride
C - American Idol
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
C - Disney Junior - Live on Stage
C - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
C - Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
C - Muppet Vision 3D
C - Voyage of the Little Mermaid

ANIMAL KINGDOM
A - Expedition Everest
A - Kali River Rapids
A - Kilimanjaro Safaris
B - DINOSAUR
B - Festival of the Lion King
B - Finding Nemo
B - Primeval Whirl
C - It's Tough to be a Bug
C - Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your opinion--it made selecting my FP+ much easier!
:banana:

Well done Mesaboy, that's a great list. Anybody should be able to start with that and tweak it to their preferences.

The first thing I'm tempted to do with it is tweak some of the rides/attractions with interactive queues down the list. People are making a case for moving Pooh up, but if the newer queue has stuff that entertains my daughter in line I would definitely keep it lower than rides that just have you twisting between the iron bars over and over.

Well done Mesaboy, that's a great list. Anybody should be able to start with that and tweak it to their preferences.

The first thing I'm tempted to do with it is tweak some of the rides/attractions with interactive queues down the list. People are making a case for moving Pooh up, but if the newer queue has stuff that entertains my daughter in line I would definitely keep it lower than rides that just have you twisting between the iron bars over and over.

That's exactly my intent. Thanks!

It may not be important at this early stage, but during FP+ selection for Oct 19-26, there was no option to meet the princesses at Town Square Theatre. Mickey was listed, but no princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter