• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"FastPass allotment has been reached"! What?!?!

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
I am an AP holder.
I am going to WDW from Dec. 1-6 offsite, and 6-13 at OKW.
I booked FPs for Dec. 6-13 at 60 days, of course.
Now I am booking, at 30 days, Dec. 1-5.
So I booked December 1 on November 1, etc.
Now it's November 4, so I can book December 4. Except when I try, I get a notice that my "FastPass+ allotment has been reached"!
What does that mean? Is the website screwed up?
Thanks.

It’s the AP max 7 days of booked FPs restriction. The off site stay is causing it to kick in.

If both stays were on site, length of stay booking privileges would override the 7 day restriction, but throw an off site stay in there and you’ll get what you’re experiencing now.

Sometimes APs are not particularly FP friendly when you are local or have multiple on/off site stays in close proximity.

Ah ha, thanks. You are much clearer than what the person I am chatting with wrote:
Upon checking your account I do see what is going on. When booking FastPass+® selections with an Annual Pass you are able to book Seven days worth of FastPass+® or the length of the stay whichever is greater. Any additional FastPass+® booked past the policy time frame would fall off of the account.
So question: Should I have been able to book my first 3 days (offsite) all at once, instead of one day at a time? Thanks. I'm new to AP.

So question: Should I have been able to book my first 3 days (offsite) all at once, instead of one day at a time? Thanks. I'm new to AP.

No, your offsite days should be one day at a time, as it sounds like you experienced.

The “+” part of booking FPs only applies to on site (or otherwise eligible) stays. Anything else - off site stays, local APs, etc - is only 30 days prior to each day. Hope that makes sense.

No, your offsite days should be one day at a time, as it sounds like you experienced.

The “+” part of booking FPs only applies to on site (or otherwise eligible) stays. Anything else - off site stays, local APs, etc - is only 30 days prior to each day. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks. Yes, the 30 days prior makes sense. I was just caught by (big) surprise that I'd be limited to 10 days of FP+, due to some of the time being off-site. Suppose someone is staying 14 days off-site with an AP, so they can only book 10 days of FP+; doesn't seem fair.

Ya I had the same issue, a pass holder and two onsite stays within 60 days and I cant reserve more then my on-site stay days which is over 14 days. I wanted to do some FPs for the day before we check in and couldn't. If you have a reservation that includes a stay at a WDW hotel, you can make FastPass+ selections up to 60 days before you check-in for up to 7 days (7 day limit for AP holders) or the entire length of your WDW stay (up to 14 days maximum). The hotel FastPass+ selections will count towards the seven-day maximum and visa-Versa. If you have multiple on-site stays within the 60 days, you may reach the maximum number of days that you can hold FastPass+ selections. Once you use the first day of FP selections, you should be able to add an additional day of FastPass+ selections for a later date.

Last edited:
Ya I had the same issue, a pass holder and two onsite stays within 60 days and I cant reserve more then my on-site stay days which is over 14 days. I wanted to do some FPs for the day before we check in and couldn't.
My situation is that I have a Wyndham timeshare, bought shortly before I knew about DVC. It is a small contract, just enough for 5 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek off-season. My original purchase plan was just to stay for that amount. Since my DVC purchase, I have used the points for other destinations.
10 years later, I decided, hey, stay 5 nights at Bonnet Creek, and then a week on-site.
Now I learn about the FP situation, and it throws a small kink into my plans.

My situation is that I have a Wyndham timeshare, bought shortly before I knew about DVC. It is a small contract, just enough for 5 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek off-season. My original purchase plan was just to stay for that amount. Since my DVC purchase, I have used the points for other destinations.
10 years later, I decided, hey, stay 5 nights at Bonnet Creek, and then a week on-site.
Now I learn about the FP situation, and it throws a small kink into my plans.
Ya for sure, it sucks...they should give you a few extra days for being a pass holder at least at the 30 day mark, plus the days for the on-site stays...but nope.

So thinking about solutions. Is there one day of your onsite trip that you don't have hard-to-get Fastpasses? If you cancel your Fastpasses for that day, then you will open up another day of your offsite trip. Another 'trick' is to cancel one person's FP for one day during the onsite trip, and cancel another person's FP for a different day during the onsite trip. This will open up both people for another day of your offsite trip. And it may be easier to replace the removed FP for a single person, instead of your whole party.

And as your offsite trip progresses, make sure to get the replacement FP as soon as you finish using your FP for each day at the park.

So thinking about solutions. Is there one day of your onsite trip that you don't have hard-to-get Fastpasses? If you cancel your Fastpasses for that day, then you will open up another day of your offsite trip. Another 'trick' is to cancel one person's FP for one day during the onsite trip, and cancel another person's FP for a different day during the onsite trip. This will open up both people for another day of your offsite trip. And it may be easier to replace the removed FP for a single person, instead of your whole party.

And as your offsite trip progresses, make sure to get the replacement FP as soon as you finish using your FP for each day at the park.
Good suggestions, thanks! Actually, there is one day of my on-site stay I have no FP reservations. I think I'll stick with what I've already booked, as at 30 days out, the hard to get FPs are already gone--no Flight of Passage, that's for sure.

Good suggestions, thanks! Actually, there is one day of my on-site stay I have no FP reservations. I think I'll stick with what I've already booked, as at 30 days out, the hard to get FPs are already gone--no Flight of Passage, that's for sure.
For FOP, you can look for a same day FP drop, might get and score one for FOP. Or days before if someone cancels

Not that I'll ever make it, but you are also limited to 15 days of FP reservations even if you have more than 15 consecutive nights on property. I had a friend go for 50th birthday. Stay at 3 resort, 6 nights a piece, but was only allowed 15 reservations. Not the full 17 days.

I am an AP holder.
I am going to WDW from Dec. 1-6 offsite, and 6-13 at OKW.
I booked FPs for Dec. 6-13 at 60 days, of course.
Now I am booking, at 30 days, Dec. 1-5.
So I booked December 1 on November 1, etc.
Now it's November 4, so I can book December 4. Except when I try, I get a notice that my "FastPass+ allotment has been reached"!
What does that mean? Is the website screwed up?
Thanks.
Give the annual pass line a call and they will assist you. This happened to my daughter this summer. She had onsite stays booked for August, September and October. When we attempted to book our fast passes for October, it said the same thing! This was because she had so many days booked. You have every right to use your pass when you are going to be there. They gave her anytime fast passes so she could ride when we were riding.

Give the annual pass line a call and they will assist you. This happened to my daughter this summer. She had onsite stays booked for August, September and October. When we attempted to book our fast passes for October, it said the same thing! This was because she had so many days booked. You have every right to use your pass when you are going to be there. They gave her anytime fast passes so she could ride when we were riding.
Wow, thanks! Anybody have the phone number for that?
Used that thing called the "internet" and got (407) 939-7277
I called the number, and got a CM who told me some wrong information (AP holders can only book 7 days if staying a combination of on-site and off site, etc.). Eventually it got straightened out, and as a "one time courtesy to a new AP holder" she booked me the extra 2 days I needed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter