FASTEST way from port to WDW

kive1484

Mouseketeer
Hi - traveling to WDW Aug 31st after our cruise from Port Canveral and looking for the fastest way to get to the resort (Yacht Club). Have done the Disney transfer in past and I THINK it worked well but it was a while ago and cant remember :) I know this is a little more expensive than renting a car or Uber for my family of 4 but I am more concerned about finding the fastest way to get to the resort. Thank you!!!

1. Express walk off gets you off the ship the fastest.
2a. Already have a car in the parking garage. Can be your own, a rental, or a friends. But you will be limited only by the speed at which you drive and if you need to stop for tolls. MCO has a free toll registration program in beta testing right now.
2b. Private car hire. You will have a prearranged pick up time for them.
2c. Rideshare / Taxi. You may need to wait a small minute to ensure that you have one that can carry all of your people and belongings.
2d. Magical Express bus. May need to wait a few minutes after boarding before it departs. Will drive at a slightly lower speed than you will, and may have to make an additional stop along the way.
2e. Picking up a rental car from an agency near the port. Requires you to shuttle transfer, fillout paperwork, load car.

The ranking 2a2e is based on speed, not cost.

1. Express walk off gets you off the ship the fastest.
2a. Already have a car in the parking garage. Can be your own, a rental, or a friends. But you will be limited only by the speed at which you drive and if you need to stop for tolls. MCO has a free toll registration program in beta testing right now.
2b. Private car hire. You will have a prearranged pick up time for them.
2c. Rideshare / Taxi. You may need to wait a small minute to ensure that you have one that can carry all of your people and belongings.
2d. Magical Express bus. May need to wait a few minutes after boarding before it departs. Will drive at a slightly lower speed than you will, and may have to make an additional stop along the way.
2e. Picking up a rental car from an agency near the port. Requires you to shuttle transfer, fillout paperwork, load car.

The ranking 2a2e is based on speed, not cost.
What is Express Walk Off? I am not familiar with that. If I arrange private how do I know what time to set it up for?

Uber it. Call it as soon as you step out of the terminal. Should be no more than 10 but my experience is they are usually much closer.

I have been trying to figure out the fastest way to get the parks since I am usually a RD person and need to get over the fact we have no chance on our debarkation day... I still want to try to get there as quickly as we can. I think we are probably going to go with private transportation not only for the fact it can be there and we can go as soon as we get off the ship (as opposed to maybe having to wait for the bus to fill) our plan is to ask them to wait for us to drop our bags with bell services then have them take us to the park. I know you only mentioned wanting to get to the resort but our TA gave us this tip (about asking them to wait for us) and I think it will work perfect for us and wanted to pass it along in case it helps anyone else.

We are a family of 5 and almost always rent a car at WDW. We got a great deal through Costco and rented it for our trip that included 2 days at WDW before a 4 night cruise and 1 day after. The cost to rent then car and pay to park it for the week was comparable to the other options (especially since we were flying to Sanford and there is no ME). We went to breakfast on time and walked off the ship to the parking garage. I think we were at the Poly before 9:00am. It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be.

For a couple of our cruises we have rented a car and left it at the port. We've used express walk off and made it to Animal Kingdom for Early Morning Magic (not at the beginning of it, but we were in the park before general admission was let in.)

When doing express walk-off and a Van service what time should you schedule pick-up? Is 7:30 reasonable? Happy Limo is suggesting a little later....... Am I reading this right and we are just walking right off once the boat clears customs? No waiting for anything else?

When doing express walk-off and a Van service what time should you schedule pick-up? Is 7:30 reasonable? Happy Limo is suggesting a little later....... Am I reading this right and we are just walking right off once the boat clears customs? No waiting for anything else?

No, once the boat clears customs the LINE of people wanting to walk off the boat will be allowed off. There are a couple checkpoints where your KTW card is scanned. Then you have to clear US Customs yourself. That same line of people will be waiting in a line for Customs.

So it takes a bit until you are free and clear to exit the terminal.

SW

The DCL transportation to WDW may not be the fastest way, if you are getting off the boat early via express walk-off or first seating dining. We had early dining in the MDR, left from there, and we were on the bus to our hotel by 7:30-7:45 am. The bus did not leave until just after 9am, and they say that they don't leave until 9am. The buses to the airport tend to leave once they are full. The hotel bus could leave earlier if everyone is there early, but no one has to be on the bus before 9am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter