Fantasy Pirate night buffet

steph12

Mouseketeer
I have been looking at recent navigators for the Fantasy, and it is not showing a pirate night buffet listed. Can anyone who has been recently let me know if they had it? I'm already really upset over how they are doing the nightly entertainment b/c that is a family event that we all looked forward to and attended each night. Adding this to the list of things being taken away would be really awful.

We were on the May 26th cruise and there was no buffet. The fireworks were done between the two dinner seatings and we only had the Mickey pirate show, not the Captain Jack show. I know they were doing rehearsals for the new Captain Jack show because we saw them rehearsing on the pool deck one morning. We were told they were not having the buffet since the fireworks and show were earlier.

I believe I read the new Captain Jack show is now ready. With that running, perhaps they have moved the fireworks back to the later time and are back to having the buffet. I really didn't like the earlier fireworks time because we had to rush from dinner up to see the show and by the time we got there, the decks were packed and we were having trouble finding a good spot for show and fireworks. When it's at the later time, we're always able to make it up to the deck in enough time to get a good spot. And DD was very upset there was no pirate buffet. Personally, I was thrilled to not have to negotiate the masses in the buffet. I only go to it because my DD loves it so much, and I just sit there with her while she eats desserts.

I mentioned our dissatisfaction with the timing and the no buffet on our comment card at the end.

Just sailed June 9-16. We were the second cruise to see the new Buccaneer show and they did have the buffet after the show.

Maybe they are reacting to folks who believe 10:30 is just too late to keep their kids up for fireworks and 4th meal. Perhaps they could combine the cool decorations from the pirate buffet with the regular dinners. I know fireworks show up best when its dark and some of the cruises in the northern part of the world don't see darkness until late...always a dilemma. I take my pirate outfit, and parrot, no matter what...if there is something pirate during a designated day on the cruise, I wear it. I have yet to get a moose costume for Frozen Night. Too big for my suitcase and my wife refuses to take up the rear, so to speak.

I have been looking at recent navigators for the Fantasy, and it is not showing a pirate night buffet listed. Can anyone who has been recently let me know if they had it? I'm already really upset over how they are doing the nightly entertainment b/c that is a family event that we all looked forward to and attended each night. Adding this to the list of things being taken away would be really awful.

Our April 21st cruise on the Fantasy had a pirate night buffet. I try to stay away from them as we have second seating and I am just not that hungry at 10:45...but I went up to get a crepe and that was pretty intense with all the people up there acting like they had been starving in a dungeon for days. :) Sailing again in a few months and honestly would not miss this if it were gone.

We did the 7-night that left on 6/2 and we did have the pirate buffet and both the mickey and captain jack shows and fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter