Fantasy - Mixology Class with Damian at the Skyline

ehagerty

DIS Veteran
We had heard that this event was more "hands on " and therefore, more fun, than most of the tasting. Fortunately, we were able to get in!

Sidebar - and word to the wise - we (I) made the mistake of following the printed instructions on the Navigator to sign up for beverage events at the Italian-themed bar. Unfortunately, their computer connection was slower than Guest Relations, and on more than one event, between the time he checked availability (yes) and submitted the reservation, we were blocked out. Go to Guest Relations to register if you are serious about wanting to get into these events.

Anyway, that little bit of house keeping aside, here is Damian preparing for the event (and yes, her sure remembered Brenda and Jay from October).

p1396682526-4.jpg

First drink - Mojito - instructions for muddling

p1396687778-4.jpg

Successful delivery of first drink - notice, it is regular size, and we were pouring!

p1396690880-4.jpg

Next drink - something with Captain Morgan spice rum and Midori

p1396691780-4.jpg

p1396698988-4.jpg

Something with sparkling wine

p1396704340-4.jpg

Something with blue

p1396707494-4.jpg

p1396710744-4.jpg

.. and lastly, coffee-based drink

p1396715478-4.jpg

Good times.
- we learned some things
- we got better drinks that I was expecting
- it was fun, well-prepared and well-delivered
- would definitely do it again (and I am not much of a mixed drink person)
- when Damian would mention possible variations - like whipped cream on the coffee drink, we would all chant "whipped cream, whipped cream" - and he would laugh, say "what have I done" and proceed to put whipped cream in all our drinks. Gotta love that!

Our group was the FIRST mixology class they had ever done on the Fantasy. It was a private class that we specifically asked for. They had no idea if it was going to work or how it would work. We had an amazing time and it is so nice to know that they have made it an actual class on the ship!!
323100_4161567767633_350783396_o.jpg
[/IMG]
Trendsetters!!
177141_4161750732207_581017503_o.jpg
[/IMG]
So Much Fun!!
290047_4161726811609_1292647937_o.jpg
[/IMG]

If anyone is thinking of participating in this class, I would DEFINITELY recommend it!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

wow those were totally different from the drinks we made in November. Good to know- we will def. do it again now.

Does anyone know if Daniel from England is still working in the Skyline bar on the Fantasy? We did his mixology class back in June 2012 and were hoping he would still be on when we cruise again in April 2013.

If not, Damien certainly seems like a lot of fun also.

This looks like a lot of fun! So how do we sign up? Can it be done before we go or do we have to do it on the ship when we get on board?

I had Mixology with Damian on the 1/19/13 Fantasy cruise in Skyline. It was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. $15 was such a bargain for an hour and 40 minutes experience. We also made different drinks than listed here, and got to go behind the bar to make them. I was travelling solo so this was so fun for me to meet many new people in a totally cool setting. Would definitely do again.

This looks like a lot of fun! So how do we sign up? Can it be done before we go or do we have to do it on the ship when we get on board?
sign up at guest services as soon as you board. that is what I did and i had my choice of times available.

Damian is the BEST!!! We went to 3 mixology classes last July and had different drinks each time. The day didn't feel complete without a stop at Skyline for a Squished Frog from Damian.

A quick word to all those interested in Mixology: The setup, drinks and style of each class are very very very much determined BY YOUR BARTENDER. We have done this class a few times on different ships and while each were fun they have all been very different.

Please do not expect that you will necessarily get to pour, or your drinks will be full size, or this will be the menu or even the number of drinks. I've seen lots of different combinations.

Let me repeat one thing though: they've all been a blast! pixiedust:

We did this and it was a fantastic value and fun!! Laughed til I cried with the group we were with. I'm glad I only signed up for one that day cause it was quite a bit to drink in that time span. :rolleyes1

I was on the 1/19/13 Fantasy and I booked my tastings at guest services upon boarding. I had the 3pm mixology with Damian on the first sea day and he was great!

Buckeye218 said:
Does anyone know if Daniel from England is still working in the Skyline bar on the Fantasy? We did his mixology class back in June 2012 and were hoping he would still be on when we cruise again in April 2013.

If not, Damien certainly seems like a lot of fun also.

We were just on the 2/2 Fantasy and did the mixology class with Daniel from Northern England in the Skyline bar. He was great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter