• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Are the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks on December 30th bigger than the normal park fireworks show?
I'm trying to decide if we should extend our trip by one night.

Are the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks on December 30th bigger than the normal park fireworks show?
I'm trying to decide if we should extend our trip by one night.

I would say yes, it is definitely a "bigger" show fireworks wise. Fantasy in the Sky is ALL fireworks and no castle projections (only castle accent lighting is used). HEA is a combo of projections and fireworks (although still a very good fireworks on its own, in my humble opinion).

For the Fantasy in the Sky show, they "simulcast" the big fireworks shot from the traditional location behind the MK from one of the islands in the 7 Seas Lagoon. There are also several segments where lots of MK perimeter fireworks launch points are used. It is a true 360 degree fireworks show.

Absolutely. You don't even need to be in the park to enjoy it. Some of the best views are from the resorts. They'll do perimeter fireworks all around the park (even more than with the party fireworks) AND they'll fire off fireworks from the lagoon too - followed by a countdown to New Years (both the 30th and 31st) NOT to be missed!

And the show at 6:30 is identical to the show at 11:50?

I was thinking the 11:50 show was different but since they are listed as the same I am probably wrong

We were leaving the park right before they started one year. We got to the TTC boat dock as they began and oh my goodness it was amazing. There are literally fireworks EVERYWHERE! They pipe the music in there too.

I was wondering the same thing, but a few days ago I stumbled upon this page.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/new-years-eve/
It states that Fantasy In the Sky is at 11:50 on December 30th and 31st. This leads me to believe that the 6:30 show is different.

And the show at 6:30 is identical to the show at 11:50?

I was thinking the 11:50 show was different but since they are listed as the same I am probably wrong

I've actually been trying to figure this out myself. Last year, the 6:30 PM show on 12/30 and 12/31 was Holiday Wishes (the same show as during MVMCP) then immediately goes to the New Year's countdown (which is about 2.5 minutes... includes the countdown, Auld Lang Syne, and a big finale). I'm about to post a separate thread on this same topic because I'm trying to plan those days.

I was wondering the same thing, but a few days ago I stumbled upon this page.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/new-years-eve/
It states that Fantasy In the Sky is at 11:50 on December 30th and 31st. This leads me to believe that the 6:30 show is different.
I'm certain Fantasy in the Sky is at 11:50 so that page is right without question.
Here it shows Fantasy in the Sky at both 6:30 and 11:50
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2017-12-29/

Thank you for sharing AngiTN.
I don't know why the New Year's Eve page wouldn't also announce that Fantasy in the Sky is also happening at 6:30.

Thank you for sharing AngiTN.
I don't know why the New Year's Eve page wouldn't also announce that Fantasy in the Sky is also happening at 6:30.
I'd only guess because it's discussing events at midnight, vs all the events on the 31st. If that makes sense.

The 630 show is Happily Ever After which is the new "Wishes." They will run that show early and the dress rehearsal for NYE at 1150. We plan to be there.

I don't think they've officially said which one they'll be doing... I've heard different things from different places. I don't think they've updated the entertainment page for 12/30-12/31 for some time, they haven't even gotten rid of the Halloween parades/fireworks. I would assume that they'll update it soon (at least before 12/30), but who knows... we might just have to wait until the day of

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter