• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy galley tour photo report, 21-Feb-2013

jcarwash

DIS Veteran
Here's photos from a Fantasy galley tour on Thursday, February 21, 2013 during a Western Caribbean cruise.

I don't know exactly what all these galley areas are, but I thought there would be some interest to see a backstage area on the ship.

To take the tour, I visited guest services on boarding day and asked if galley tours were being offered. They were offering them on sea days (of which there are two on the Western Caribbean sailing I was on) and they issue tickets. These tours were not advertised in the personal navigators; I learned about them by reading the DISBoards.

My tour assembled at the side entrance of Royal Court. One of the chefs led us into and through the galley that serves Royal Court and Animator's Palate. He didn't bother to check or take any of the tickets, so the actual tour is fairly informal.

The galley is pretty loud, even when it's empty, and so unless you're right next to the chef it was hard to hear, but generally the tour was a cool thing to do, to see a typically hidden area of the ship. And they gave us cookies right out of the oven at the end.

Here is the area that has mostly beverage serving stations. In case you need it for sea sickness, this soda dispenser included ginger ale. Cut out on the left is the Nescafe coffee dispenser, same as you see on Deck 11 and in Cabanas:

P1040936.JPG

Next area I saw, not sure what but some kind of cleanup area in there:

P1040937.JPG

Gives you an idea how big the galley is:

P1040938.JPG

Serving area:

P1040940.JPG

Whiteboard for menu choices. Interesting how manual all of this is:

P1040941.JPG

This was interesting -- the guest count and per dining room per night:

P1040942.JPG

Another look at a serving area:

P1040943.JPG

Guys doing electrical repairs in between lunch and dinner:

P1040946.JPG

Giant soup pots:

P1040947.JPG

Caramel corn for the Animator's Palate popcorn soup:

P1040950.JPG

Big mixer:

P1040951.JPG

Another menu choice whiteboard:

P1040952.JPG

Somewhat interesting bulletin board material:

P1040953.JPG

More bulletin board:

P1040954.JPG

Locked cage with alcohol:

P1040955.JPG

Exit into the Animator's Palate dining room:

P1040956.JPG

Thanks for sharing! I plan on doing this on my next cruise now that I know about how to get on the tour!

Thanks for sharing the great photos. I enjoy cooking, so it's fascinating to see the kitchen for doing that on a grand scale!

Ahhh, I have fond memories of those ubiquitous bulletin boards backstage at Magic Kingdom as a former WDWCP cast member.

Thanks for sharing. That is one big kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter