Fantasy Dinning

We were on the Dream last October. I have a teenage son, and he never said a word about the decor, although he is OVER posing for pictures with the characters (at WDW too -- so now I just let him have the camera and he's happy as a clam).

As for the restaurants, he was just happy to be on his first cruise, and LOVED that he could have as much food as he wanted :cloud9: -- the first time he went to the quick service by the pool he said "You mean we don't have to pay?!" At dinner, he discovered that if he didn't like something, our server would bring him something else to try; and if he DID like it, they would bring him MORE! (He ended up having at least two desserts every night after he figured that out!) We went to WDW for 4 days after the cruise, and he was bummed about having to get back into the habbit of only getting one of everything (and not being able to switch if he didn't like it!) :lmao:

They would have been happy just eating at the fast food places by the pool for every meal. On the next cruise (Fantasy, October) I may just let them!

We'd probably be OK doing the quick service and buffet as far as food goes as we're not too picky about it (although I wouldn't give up my Palo visit!) The thing I would miss most doing this is the wonderful relationship we (especially my kids) always develop with our serving team, especially on the 7 night cruises. It's one of the highlights!

We may make them go to each room at least once, if they don't like enchanted garden, for example, we wont make them go. Its a vacation i dont feel like we need to force them to go or do certain things.

They aren't likely to get into trouble if we let them go RS or Cabanas. They deserve some flexibility. They worked hard in school and this is their reward!!!

I had the same thought process as your boys being a high school student. Just tell them to concentrate on the food. Especially the juicy meat ny strip. :)

We took our 2DS(13,15) in OCT on the Dream and they had no problem with it. We ointed out lots of little details,like we always do, and I think that makes them appreciate it more. They were most happy with the amounts, quality of food. Our server would bring them a mix and nmatch of entrees and dserts. They even wanted to go for other meals as well-for things like eggs benedict.

They were good in suits, jackets,collars...as long as after dinner and pics,etc...they were allowed to make a break for the clubs.

The boys loved it so much they asked for us to go back 1 more time while they will be in seperate clubs so we go again in April. Sadly, I will have to shop for neww dress clothes as they just keep growing!

I had the same thought process as your boys being a high school student. Just tell them to concentrate on the food. Especially the juicy meat ny strip. :)

That was on the Wonder when we went in '06. One of the best steaks i have ever had. Pretty sure it was in Triton's. or Parrot Cay. I can't remember but i do remember that steak. :) i hope its on the fantasy!

That was on the Wonder when we went in '06. One of the best steaks i have ever had. Pretty sure it was in Triton's. or Parrot Cay. I can't remember but i do remember that steak. :) i hope its on the fantasy!

Yeah, on the Dream it was in The Enchanted Garden! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter