Fantasy Concierge 12524

napleskid

Earning My Ears
Just returned from the 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Fantasy concierge stateroom 12524. I will post a complete review as soon as we are settled back home, but I would be happy to entertain ANY questions anyone might have pending an upcoming cruise. We did not have kids, so I cannot answer any questions regarding kids activities.

weedy -

not sure, we showed up at 1pm and there was no one in line at the concierge check-in. Our stateroom was also ready. I heard someone on the cruise say 11ish, but I can't confirm how accurate that is...

torquelover - if you are speaking of alcoholic beverages, one hour before each dinner service a variety of wines, beers, liquors, cordials are offered, complimentary of course. There is a "bartender" to actually serve you, although most of it is all sitting out on the counter. Twice during the 7 day cruise there was a concierge soiree on the private sundeck about 4pm featuring all the above adult beverages and smoothies for kids. Donald Duck was available for photos with the kids during the second party. And anything available in the lounge may be taken back to your stateroom. We brought onboard a large bottle of Malibu Rum and Bailey's. They were still unopened at the end of the cruise! If you need more specifics or info on the food offered let me know...

When you were taken up to the concierge lounge after coming aboard, did they have alcohol then as well?

Susan, we arrived at 1pm and boarded immediately. We headed straight for our stateroom and dropped off our luggage. The concierge rooms are supposed to be ready early, so try yours as you get to deck 12. We then went into the concierge lounge, it was crowed b/c everyone gathered at the same time, but we found a table to relax at. One of the hosts will sit down with you when they get available and go over all the concierge perks and your personalized plans for the cruise. And yes, adult beverages were available then. I believe the lounge is open immediately after the first boarding starts. On our 9/7 cruise Julia, Kemisha, and PJ were the hosts, they were amazing!

We were lucky enough to get an upgrade last year to a suite at check-in. The Concierge service is amazing and really makes you feel like you're on a special vacation.

I kinda feel like we had a drug dealer give us a "taste", since we're going back in a month and HAD to book a concierge room since we couldn't chance missing out on the experience once again.

Kman - now you know exactly why they offer the upgrades if available. They know you will be hooked. A similar thing happened to us at the Boardwalk Resort earlier this year at WDW. We were complimentarily upgraded from a standard room to the vice-presidential club suite! We've been hooked ever since. Anything Disney is a drug to me!

Thanks for the info. I'm so excited. ..I have over a years wait...but I have the Dis. Lol

first cruise and I'm so overwhelmed and clueless:worship: Wish I could even form a good question about something specific but I'm clueless. Not sure about tipping in concierge, or tipping altogether really. Not sure about dining and room service. Just clueless, oh but excited!

I just started a "concierge tipping" thread because after getting off the Fantasy (12012) from our "first ever" cruise last week, I was STILL confused about how it should be handled:)

But we had the same 3 concierge hosts and they were certainly amazing!

They even went down to the luggage area to search for our bags when--at 4:30--they still hadn't found their way from the Airport Hyatt to our stateroom:)

kcwdmd -

Congrats of your first Disney cruise, concierge is the only way to go and you have a great stateroom with the extended balcony and fireworks viewing!

First of all, all your tips for waiters, asst waiters, room hostess etc... will be automatically calculated for you and printed on a sheet which you put in a provided envelope the last night of your cruise. These are charged to your room account or can be prepaid before your cruise. You can add more if you desire on the sheet or add more cash in the envelopes. For room service, you should tip cash, whatever you feel comfortable, maybe $1 an item I've heard some say.

As far as Concierge tipping goes, they are all fabulous hosts! You do pay extra for their services, however if they provide you with something extra special or go beyond their expected duties, you can feel free to tip them in an envelope provided the last night of the cruise. That can be cash or charged to your account. I have been told that they are higher level ship officers (rank), so their salaries are certainly higher than others who provide you services on the cruise.

I did ask the concierge hostess if I tipped my waiters/room hostess extra, would they prefer cash or on account. She said that most staff send their wages home to their families, and don't have much use for cash on the ship.

You will not have any doubts during your cruise who to tip extra, they will stand out, but probably everyone who takes care of you on a Disney cruise will stand out! Have a great cruise...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter