Fantasy Cabin 8628

Main Street Matilda

Mouseketeer
I've looked all over the boards and I cannot find any feedback on this cabin on the Fantasy. This is our first cruise and I've booked our cruise for December 2014, so I may have time to switch if there are issues with this cabin - so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Fantasy 8628;

Have you seen this exterior image with the cabin #'s labeled?
This may/should give you an idea of the view you may have.
I like the location. Odds are you will you use the aft elevators more so than others. They are less crowded and lift up to food, lol.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/7012f594.jpg

Your cabin is a category 4b which sleep 5 pax, so you will have a ceiling pull down and a wall murphy available. That's great IMO. Choices are always welcomed.

How many pax are booked in said cabin?

Have you perused the Room Reports of issues potentially nearby?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

Laundry Room locations fwiw; http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46337461&postcount=2

HTH - Enjoy :)

We stayed in 9628 (one deck up) and loved it! Actually stayed on Dream in 9628 first, loved it so much, we requested it for Fantasy. Short walk to aft staircase, which we used quite a bit. For you it would be three flights up to come out in Cabanas. It is a long walk to the laundry room, but on our second cruise I budgeted to let them do my laundry. We were facing Castaway Cay when we docked, and the stateroom was very quiet. Hope this helps!!

Thanks! Was getting worried when I saw nothing about this cabin anywhere. Had never seen the exterior photo - that was a big help, too. We are a party of 5 (2 adults and 3 "children" but 2 of our kids are nearly as tall or taller than my husband.)

And Mom2jcg, really happy to hear that you've liked that location. I'm one of those people who would kick myself if I didn't like the room location and could have changed it.

Thanks! Was getting worried when I saw nothing about this cabin anywhere. Had never seen the exterior photo - that was a big help, too. We are a party of 5 (2 adults and 3 "children" but 2 of our kids are nearly as tall or taller than my husband.)

And Mom2jcg, really happy to hear that you've liked that location. I'm one of those people who would kick myself if I didn't like the room location and could have changed it.

Hi! How did you end up liking this cabin? I just booked it!

Loved it! Plenty of room (and we are a family of 5 with my two sons being nearly 6 foot). Didn't feel the motion of the ship any differently than elsewhere on the ship and importantly, the view from the balcony was unobstructed. It was also not a noisy corridor.

Only drawback is that the room is about midway between the aft and center elevators and stairwells - so no matter what, you were walking a bit to get to another floor. However, given the amount we were eating, I welcomed the walking.

Enjoy your trip! This was our first Disney cruise and I'm already itching to book another. It was a great time.

Just started looking into booking our first ever cruise for December 2015 :jumping1: and was worried about the sleeping situation....me, dh, dd, ds1 and ds2. Ds 1 is 6'2" and Ds 2 is 5'8". Glad to know we can all fit. :thumbsup2

We've stayed in 8630 last december. (next door)

There is enough space for 5 (2 adults + 3 kids) easy.
Near the stairs, midship.

the only drawbacks are :

- far from the theater/shops (is it really a drawback ? no. but at the end of the day, yes ahaha.
- in ports (PR, USVI) you don't have th best view. But in CC the view is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter