Fantasy: Best Bar/Lounge

waltsdouble

Mouseketeer
We're going on the Fantasy in November. We were planning to do a few bar hops over the seven days. Looking for opinions on your favorite bar or lounge and why?

I love Meridian - I love being outside on a cruise. Nothing like hearing the wake of the ship while relaxing with a glass of wine. Some night last December I needed a sweater but it was still perfect. The bartenders and waiters are wonderful too.

Pretty much every night there are musical performances in the bars - I think my parents would really enjoy (for example) the Beatles tribute, but they don't drink. Are people obliged to order a drink if they want to sit down at a table and and listen to the live music there? Do the bars serve anything non-alcoholic?

Pretty much every night there are musical performances in the bars - I think my parents would really enjoy (for example) the Beatles tribute, but they don't drink. Are people obliged to order a drink if they want to sit down at a table and and listen to the live music there? Do the bars serve anything non-alcoholic?

No obligation at all. We regularly go to the bars on the ships and all you have to say is no thank you to the servers and they will generally not bug you. You are able to order things like sodas, but I believe unlike the self-serve machines on the pool deck they do incur a charge.

That's a tough question because they each have a different sort of appeal, so it would rather depend on what strikes you at the time. O'Gills if you want to watch sports, Tube for games and dancing, etc. Meridian is nice but they don't have taps.

I think that's why I love Skyline. Just the ambient music of whatever city you're "in" at the moment - and it's not overpowering.

So many good ones on the newer ships. You can take your drink from one place and go to another place. If your not a big drinker. Or you don’t have to have a drink at all just enjoy.

I love Meridian - I love being outside on a cruise. Nothing like hearing the wake of the ship while relaxing with a glass of wine. Some night last December I needed a sweater but it was still perfect. The bartenders and waiters are wonderful too.

I agree! We loved Meridian. It was so quiet and never got crowded. We went there while pulling out of Castaway Cay and had excellent views. I also really loved Skyline; it's my favorite on the Fantasy by far!

We love Meridian also. It is nice and quiet and you get great interaction with Bar Tenders and Staff. Also we like Skyline, same reasons.

I'm a guy who likes a quiet bar, and the Meridian is GREAT for that. Mostly it's folks coming in for a drink waiting for their table in Palo or Remy, so the faces change kind of quickly. But, it has a GREAT view, an outside deck if you don't mind the smoke, and a very nice, quiet vibe. One of my favorite places in the evening after dinner, to have a couple Jack Daniels and ice, and watch the wake of the ship in the dark....

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

That's a tough question because they each have a different sort of appeal, so it would rather depend on what strikes you at the time. O'Gills if you want to watch sports, Tube for games and dancing, etc. Meridian is nice but they don't have taps.

Agreed! During the day we went to either Currents or the Cove Bar. Before dinner we would go to OGills for events such as trivia or St Patricks Day. After dinner we enjoyed the game shows and entertainment in the Tube. There was also a guitar player on board who played a great show that we caught 1 night in Ooh La La and once at La Piazza. And of course there is always Meridian for a romantic, quiet drink out on deck in the moon light.

In order:
Meridian (relaxed, great view and quiet)
Skyline (dark and relaxed)
O Gills (fun and sporty)
I don't care for Ooh La La, but will go there for our one of our favorite bartenders if he is there. :)

In order:
Meridian (relaxed, great view and quiet)
Skyline (dark and relaxed)
O Gills (fun and sporty)
I don't care for Ooh La La, but will go there for our one of our favorite bartenders if he is there. :)
Have you been to Ooh La La since they changed it? It's very "fancy" now, and the doors into (out to?) La Piazza are full glass doors now, making it seem like part of La Piazza when open.

The Non-alcoholic drinks are great. If you visit enough, the servers will learn what you like and have suggestions.

Have you been to Ooh La La since they changed it? It's very "fancy" now, and the doors into (out to?) La Piazza are full glass doors now, making it seem like part of La Piazza when open.

Yes! We were just there a couple of weeks ago. I do like the changes and I enjoyed seeing one of our favorite bartenders there. He is usually in Skyline or Meridian. :)

Yes! We were just there a couple of weeks ago. I do like the changes and I enjoyed seeing one of our favorite bartenders there. He is usually in Skyline or Meridian. :)

Again, the bartenders DO get moved around so that they each get a shot at the "hot" bars during their contract. More than one has told me this.

Again, the bartenders DO get moved around so that they each get a shot at the "hot" bars during their contract. More than one has told me this.

Yes indeed they do. AND they also get placed in Vista Cafe and Cove Cafe as well. :) We saw one of our favorite guys (Damien) at the Vista Cafe one cruise and then the next cruise he was in Skyline and recently he was in Ooh La La. The cruise before we saw him in Vista, he was in Meridian. It makes it more exciting for them I am sure instead of being in the same spot for 5 to 6 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter