Fantasy 10/20 and Hurricane Sandy - An Honest Review

megandbrooke

Earning My Ears
Since I recieved so much great information from the boards, I wanted to make sure that I paid it forward and provided a quick review of our recent cruise on the Fantasy. Overall, we had a great time, however, I am on the fence on if we would do DCL again. (Please read before you bash me.)

Who we are; Me, DM and DD, 14. We have traveled the world and are use to being on the go, go, go. This may add to our point of view. This is our 5th cruise, 2 HAL, 1 small ship in Egypt, and 1 small ship in China.

Room 5530 - PERFECT!!! If you enjoy sitting on the balcony or sunbathing, this cabin is perfect. The extended balcony has two regular chairs and two loungers. My DD laid out there many hours and would fall asleep. I didnt mind the people looking down on us what so ever. Smoking - people around us smoked and it didnt bother me. In fact, many times I would be out on the balcony and the guy above us would be out there smoking and I wouldnt realize it until he made a noise. Wish every room had the extended balcony!

Dining - Servers were "excellent". They really made coming to dinner a treat! Food - so so.

Ship/Shows/CMs - The ship is beautiful! The shows were great although we did not do the first or last night. Every CM we encountered was great!

Events/things to do on the ship - This is where we thought things were dare I say it...boring. It was hard for us to find something to do together. There were many teen events, adult events, and lots of stuff for the little ones, but there was very few things that me and my daughter could do together. She did not attend the teen club as she said the kids were "all like adults, with facial hair and stuff". She is a young 14. We do everything together. On our previous cruises with HAL, we found many things to do. They had events at least every hour where you could earn prizes, play games, etc. We never found this on Disney. I was surprised by this. Everyone likes to call HAL the "Old peoples ship", however, I think this is not true at all. We were constantly involved with activities on the ship. I thought that 3 (which turned into 4 due to Hurricane Sandy) ship days was to much. The pools were nice and the Aquaduck was awesome! Relaxing on decks 11 and 12 was nice. Midship detective was fun. Overall, there were many times we wished there was something we could go do but there wasn't. Again, we are use to being on the go all this time so this adds to my point of view.

Will be back soon with some great memories, Pirate Night, Halloween Night, Excursions, and our brush with Sandy!

No bashing from me.

We, too, were on this cruise and never found a lack of things to do - from cooking demonstrations to towel folding. We even played the Detective game several times. Sorry you had a different experience.

Normally, we would have loved the extra day at sea, but with the storm we were unable to sit outside and do the things we love doing.

That said, there is no question that we will be cruising Disney again - as soon as possible.

I was on that cruise! Can't wait to read the rest of your review

We were on the Dream while you we're on the Fantasy. we cruise on Fantasy next year. I am interested to hear about your trip- especially with Sandy!

Great trip report.

I have to say, I wish I could read your trip reports for your prior sailings. Egypt, China! They sound so interesting!!! Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter