Fantasmic Thread!

Somehow I thought that Fantasmic was returning on Friday, but I see from the DL schedule that it's on tonight. Anyone going? Did it actually start earlier this week?
I don't see it on the scheduled, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added an unannounced showing for media.

Now the important question about the Dining packages...
Who will be sharing pictures/reviews of their meal/menu?
I'll be interested to hear about them all... Blue Bayou, River Belle Brunch and Dinner, and Rancho del Zocalo.
It will also be interesting to hear if they go with the same seating layout they have done in years past.

And about the Dragon... As other's have said from the LA Times article it is clear they are still working on having the Dragon return. My gut feeling is they initially thought they could have the dragon back within a year... but they aren't going to make that and likely knew that several months ago so they have improved the B mode. And then when the Dragon does return it can be a nice reason for people to come see the show again. Or if it takes until next year a nice bonus for Disneyland's 70th.
Disney has always said the dragon wasn’t coming back. I wasn’t expecting that, but they always teased that they would be coming up with other new and exciting additions to the show. I am still super happy Fanstamic is back, it’s my favorite Disney show. I guess I was just hoping for something new to replace my favorite element of the show, which was the dragon. 😢

I'll be interested to hear about them all... Blue Bayou, River Belle Brunch and Dinner, and Rancho del Zocalo.
It will also be interesting to hear if they go with the same seating layout they have done in years past.
I'll be there on Friday - River Belle brunch seating for first show. I usually take pictures of food. I'll try to get pictures of queues and views. Anything else in particular that you are looking for?

I'll be there on Friday - River Belle brunch seating for first show. I usually take pictures of food. I'll try to get pictures of queues and views. Anything else in particular that you are looking for?
That all sounds perfect, thanks for taking some pictures and letting us know your thoughts. I'll be interested to see what brunch includes as far as a dessert and appetizer. Hope you have a wonderful time!

And about the Dragon... As other's have said from the LA Times article it is clear they are still working on having the Dragon return. My gut feeling is they initially thought they could have the dragon back within a year... but they aren't going to make that and likely knew that several months ago so they have improved the B mode. And then when the Dragon does return it can be a nice reason for people to come see the show again. Or if it takes until next year a nice bonus for Disneyland's 70th.
I will share about the standard Riverbelle brunch! I have reservation for 11am on May 24th!

Disney has always said the dragon wasn’t coming back. I wasn’t expecting that, but they always teased that they would be coming up with other new and exciting additions to the show. I am still super happy Fanstamic is back, it’s my favorite Disney show. I guess I was just hoping for something new to replace my favorite element of the show, which was the dragon. 😢
Based on the way Disneyland worded their press releases and updates I didn't think the Dragon would come back as it was. But I didn't think they would go with the old "B mode" version of Maleficent getting tall... But it seems like they've added some new effects to the scene and I'm glad they didn't just opt for the projection version of the Dragon either. And as the LA Times article made clear they are still working on some things. So we will just have to wait and see if those additional updates every make it to the stage. But for now I'll just be glad Peter Pan is back, and having the Mark Twain loaded with characters again will be a blast.

Where do you see it on the schedule?
The usual place, under Fireworks & Nighttime Entertainment.

Edited to add: Ah, I saw Fantasmic listed but didn't notice at first that there were no times given for it. Kinda confusing to have it on the schedule at all, but yes, the first day with times listed is on Friday.

The usual place, under Fireworks & Nighttime Entertainment.

Edited to add: Ah, I saw Fantasmic listed but didn't notice at first that there were no times given for it. Kinda confusing to have it on the schedule at all, but yes, the first day with times listed is on Friday.
I find the app version of the schedule to be terrible and it consistently contains confusing info. I always go to the bookmarked hours page on my computer and I even pull up the website on my phone which pulls the mobile version. It is far easier to read and actually has accurate and not confusing info unlike the app.

I find the app version of the schedule to be terrible and it consistently contains confusing info. I always go to the bookmarked hours page on my computer and I even pull up the website on my phone which pulls the mobile version. It is far easier to read and actually has accurate and not confusing info unlike the app.
Yeah, not a fan of many mobile apps. :-) I was actually using the website but it, too, was confusing what with listing the show even though there were no times. Anyway, I look forward to everyone's reports on Friday!

Is the Blue Bayou seating area that much better than say rancho? Leaning towards cancelling Blue Bayou and taking the cheaper option and saving the $175 to use towards other things.

Is the Blue Bayou seating area that much better than say rancho? Leaning towards cancelling Blue Bayou and taking the cheaper option and saving the $175 to use towards other things.
The only difference is that the taped rectangle on the ground for Blue Bayou viewing area is centred on the Fantasmic stage on Tom Sawyer Island. There is minimal difference in the viewing aspect.

In June 2022 I did Hungry Bear dining package, which is the same viewing area Rancho will be. I was sitting on the ground a few feet from people in the Blue Bayou viewing area.

The difference in price is mainly due to the restaurant and the food being a different price.

The only difference is that the taped rectangle on the ground for Blue Bayou viewing area is centred on the Fantasmic stage on Tom Sawyer Island. There is minimal difference in the viewing aspect.

In June 2022 I did Hungry Bear dining package, which is the same viewing area Rancho will be. I was sitting on the ground a few feet from people in the Blue Bayou viewing area.

The difference in price is mainly due to the restaurant and the food being a different price.
follow up question...is it necessary to arrive 2 hours before show time (start queueing at 7 to enter at 8?)

follow up question...is it necessary to arrive 2 hours before show time (start queueing at 7 to enter at 8?)
It depends.

They open the viewing areas about 8pm but people start waiting in line from about 7pm. The viewing areas are sloped concrete. I prefer being at the waters edge by the railings. Some people like to be further back.

The viewing areas fill up fast, so if your party wants to sit side by side, instead of bunched up, you might want to get there early. People sit in family groups and as the area fills up, the spaces between groups may not be enough room for your group. In theory theres plenty of room, but people spread out. Everyone who has a viewing area ticket will be in the viewing area, but some people may have a smaller space than others. I hope this makes sense.

If anyone is in the park tonight I'd make sure to keep eye out around Rivers of America for setup, previously after long refurbishment/changes they've done soft opening a day before but not 100% sure. In the past they've even made park wide announcement for guests to see show.

I know tonight is Grad Night too so not sure if that changes things.

Last edited:
So if I have a ticket for one of the viewing area.....people line up at 7 PM?
Yes

This is from my June 2022 Trip report when I did Hungry Bear Dining Package
"I decided to go to the Fantasmic viewing area line up around 6.45pm. I am so glad I did. There was already one family in the Hungry Bear line and the CM's were already in the area, preparing the ropes and sections.

At about 7.45pm we were moved up to the roped area and then just before 8pm we were allowed into the actual viewing area.

I got a spot at the railings almost beside the Blue Bayou people.

The Hungry Bear section filled up fast but there seemed to be less people in the Blue Bayou section."

hungrey bear viewing area.jpg

Yes

This is from my June 2022 Trip report when I did Hungry Bear Dining Package
"I decided to go to the Fantasmic viewing area line up around 6.45pm. I am so glad I did. There was already one family in the Hungry Bear line and the CM's were already in the area, preparing the ropes and sections.

At about 7.45pm we were moved up to the roped area and then just before 8pm we were allowed into the actual viewing area.

I got a spot at the railings almost beside the Blue Bayou people.

The Hungry Bear section filled up fast but there seemed to be less people in the Blue Bayou section."

View attachment 862343
Good to know....then I'm going to be in the back...because no way I'm there at 6 PM for this show....thats 3 hours which to me is insane to wait for any show

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter