Fantasmic + Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular?

schalliol

Mouseketeer
We're going to be at Hollywood Studios on April 2nd, when Fantasmic has one show (8:30 PM) and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular was just added at 9 PM. I assume they think lots of people might want to see both but Fantasmic says it's 30 minutes. Is there a way to see both?

You cannot see both.

If you want to see SWAGS, you need to find a spot about an hour before it starts

That's a bummer. I wonder why they do it that way.

The viewing area for SWAGS is VERY, very, very small.

If they were to time it so that the 7500-8000 guests exiting Fantasmic! could try to get to the SW viewing area...
it would be chaos.
(And, many would say that it already IS that way, even with the incompatible timings of the shows.)

And yet March 5-7, F! is at 7 and SW at 8, so those audience members will be exiting the amphitheatre right into the crowd waiting for SW to begin.

And yet March 5-7, F! is at 7 and SW at 8, so those audience members will be exiting the amphitheatre right into the crowd waiting for SW to begin.

Yup.

Warning! Warning, Will Robinson!

Lost_In_Space_robot_body_1_2_2004.jpg

Oops!
Wrong Space Opera.

Yup.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force...
I fear something terrible is about to happen.

Obi.jpeg

That's more like it.

We're going to be at Hollywood Studios on April 2nd, when Fantasmic has one show (8:30 PM) and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular was just added at 9 PM. I assume they think lots of people might want to see both but Fantasmic says it's 30 minutes. Is there a way to see both?

I thought that I read another thread a few days ago where they discussed going from Fantasmic! to Star Wars. The advice that was given was to head toward Min & Bill's and the lake. I wondered how that could be done given the crowds. We will be going next week and Star Wars is scheduled to begin 15 minutes after Fantasmic! Ends. Is it truly impossible to see both? We will be with our two DGS, 5 and 7, who don't get to Disney that much. We just want to give them the best experience possible.

Star Wars is scheduled to begin 15 minutes after Fantasmic! Ends. Is it truly impossible to see both?

You can see the "fireworks" from anywhere in or near DHS.
But, the majority of the actual "show" that is projected on the facade of the Great Movie Ride (which is the central draw of SWAGS) can only be seen from near (and centered on) the GMR's front walls.

If guests are farther up Hollywood Blvd. than that central plaza in front of GMR, the viewing area is blocked by the projection towers used for the show.

Very poor planning and design.

Also know that it can take the better part of 10-15 minutes just to exit the Fantasmic! theater.

Very poor planning and design.
Based on nothing but the reactions I observed by some of the DHS managers on opening night, I believe they were caught off guard when they discovered how limited the viewing area would be, I certainly was.

We were just there last week with F! at 7:00 and Star Wars at 7:45. We exited F! as soon as it ended and scurried toward GMR. We got to the Brown Derby pretty easily, but then were just stuck. We had others in our group, who didn't want to see F!, saving us a spot for viewing. Ha Ha. Unless you are willing to step on people or literally shove through people, you can't get there. We ended up with a tree-obstructed view of the projections.

We ended up with a tree-obstructed view of the projections.

Unfortunately, guests who arrive 60-90 minutes before the show and pick "the best spot" also end up with a tree-obstructed view of the projections.

The viewing area is too small, -and- its full of obstructions.

No chance i'm afraid. They only way you'd get to see both is if a later Fantasmic! showing was added. Its possible, but not very likely in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter