Fantasmic! rehab in January

horner5

Mouseketeer
I just read under the rehabs and closures section of www.wdwig.com that Fantasmic! will be in rehab 1/25-2/1/04. However, the Disney website still lists it at 7:00 each evening for that week. I was seriously going to book a Fantasmic dinner package today for that week. Who do I believe? We LOVE Fantasmic and the proposed rehab encompasses our entire week stay! :worried: :worried: :worried:

I would attempt to make your dinner package, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. wdwig.com, with very few exceptions, tend to have more up to date information than the official site.

When I went in September of last year, Disney's site said nothing about any rehabs/closures other than Carousel of Progress, and Timekeeper, but wdwig was saying that the Haunted Mansion would be closed.

Lo and behold, the Haunted Mansion was closed.

Good luck! :)

Thanks--not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I might as well deal with the knowledge now than when we're down there! Oh well.

Hi folks,

Thought I'd share with you some info I have been priviliged to hear...

There has always been a problem with the WDW Fantasmic. The store never connected well into and out of the Pocahontas segment. Why was the Pocahontas scene added? Simply because that was the current film at the time of the shows creation. I understand the plans were to change this segment from time to time, according to the popularity of current releases etc... however this proved to be to dispruptive and costly.

The Disneyland Fantasmic is more fluent in its story, having a Peter Pan chapter with Hook's ship and Peter flying over the show. Its mre spectacular, and from what I have been told, they are going to change it to this. Afterall Peter Pan never tires in popularity, but some of the recent ones do.....

This being the case, expect Fantasmic to close for a short time during low season, for some re-working to some of the sections, and then to re-open as a new improved attraction, with some new merchandise :tongue:

Incidently, there is some extra info and secrets about Fantasmic, but I'm afraid I can't remember where/what the site is. I remember it talking about the number of effects, number of cast needed, and materials etc... It went onto also say that it is extremely rare that the show runs exactly to script, in that some of the effects don't go off, some cannot be used and taken out of the show often seconds before showtime (weather, failure on test etc), and cast must be jigged around according to what characters are available. The care to health and safety of the cast around the set and effects is also very complex.

Have a Disney Day!
Simes ::MickeyMo

That is our entire weeks stay also!
Oh well, if that is the only thing that goes wrong we will be lucky! :D

Hi all, we just got back from Disney Land, and we say the fantasmic show. I think the theater in Florida is a much better site for the show, and it looked very similar to me. They have a bigger boat, and I do like Peter Pan more than Pocahontas. My trip report tomorrow will probably have more on the fantasmic show at DL, it's pluses and minuses.

While we were in line waiting for Aladdin, we were standing next to a CM who thought that the California version was vastly superior, and that he laughed at the Florida Boat.

Technically, I think the Florida show works better, but they are both great shows. I have a problem with the lack of real seating in California. We paid a lot of money for "Balcony Seats" and they were fantastic. I just hate battling for a parade space next to the water.

As far as them closing it for rehab, well, I could say that I was disappointed that Small World, and Space Mountain were both closed on my last trip to DL. Also, ask Arcticwildman about them changing the schedule and closing his favorite water park when he planned a trip around that park. It happens, and it is a horrible thing. They have to do rehabs sometimes, it's just a bummer when the rehab for your favorite ride or attraction is when you will be there. That is one of the reasons we videotape all of our favorite rides...

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter