• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! pictures from premium viewing area

Just curious...doesn't it kind of take away the whole idea of reserved seating if you have to get in line to pick your spot an hour and a half beforehand? I mean I think it's a neat thing and appreciate that you have chairs and dessert boxes but it seems like it isn't saving you much waiting?

You choose your seat an hour and half before hand, and then you can leave and do whatever you want until show time. You don't have to stay there, nor is the line very long. I have never waited more than 10 mins to pick my seats.

We are going at the end of January. Do you think it is busy enough at that time of year to warrant spending the money on the reserved viewing? We are family of 4.

My DH and I weren't given a choice of where to sit, we handed our tickets to the CM, and she took us to our seats.

We are going at the end of January. Do you think it is busy enough at that time of year to warrant spending the money on the reserved viewing? We are family of 4.

It won't be too busy, but F! will be limited to the weekend and weekends are always busy. It may be worth it any time of year for that reason.

You choose your seat an hour and half before hand, and then you can leave and do whatever you want until show time. You don't have to stay there, nor is the line very long. I have never waited more than 10 mins to pick my seats.
Thank you for clearing this up. Does the entire party need to be present when you pick seats, or can one person pick seats for the family?

You just need one person in line to pick the seats (have all of the tickets though).

Great photos! I rented a 50mm 1.2 for our trip in August and got some amazing shots in the dark.

We do this almost every trip, so worth it to us. Takes us all week to eat all of the goodies.

wow I've been wondering how choosing the seats worked out (waiting in line and all that). I'm so glad to hear we can just have one person waiting in line, then we can all come back when it's time.
Thanks for the great info!

My DH and I weren't given a choice of where to sit, we handed our tickets to the CM, and she took us to our seats.

The seat picking has always been earlier than when they let you in (about 7pmish if I remember) you show them the tickets, pick your seats (they mark them on the tickets and on their seat map), give you your tickets back. Then, when it is time to actually take your seat, they take your tickets and seat you. if you don't pick seat earlier and show up just at show time, I think that is what they do.

Of course, a. they could have changed things since last year. b. depends maybe on the time you go up there?

I'll find out on Saturday. :D

How many reserved seats are there on a given night? I want to book for Dec. 23 so I will call at opening on Nov. 23. There will be 12 of us.

I want to make sure that we are all sitting in the same section of seats. Are there 2 or 3 sections? We have reservations at Cafe Orleans at 6:30. That is the only time they would accommodate a party of 12. I figure we'll be done eating around 7:30-7:45 and then 1 or 2 people can get in line for seats. Does this sound doable?

The seat picking has always been earlier than when they let you in (about 7pmish if I remember) you show them the tickets, pick your seats (they mark them on the tickets and on their seat map), give you your tickets back. Then, when it is time to actually take your seat, they take your tickets and seat you. if you don't pick seat earlier and show up just at show time, I think that is what they do.

Of course, a. they could have changed things since last year. b. depends maybe on the time you go up there?

I'll find out on Saturday. :D

Interesting. We did see the second show though, so the show was at 10:15, we showed up maybe around 9:30? I can't remember exactly, the concierge who printed my tickets told me what time to show up.

How many reserved seats are there on a given night? I want to book for Dec. 23 so I will call at opening on Nov. 23. There will be 12 of us.

I want to make sure that we are all sitting in the same section of seats. Are there 2 or 3 sections? We have reservations at Cafe Orleans at 6:30. That is the only time they would accommodate a party of 12. I figure we'll be done eating around 7:30-7:45 and then 1 or 2 people can get in line for seats. Does this sound doable?

With that many people, I would say you might want to send someone over earlier than that to make sure you all sit together. Especially on Dec. 23, it will be sold out and the park will be packed.

With that many people, I would say you might want to send someone over earlier than that to make sure you all sit together. Especially on Dec. 23, it will be sold out and the park will be packed.

Totally agree, it will be jammed. We have seen lines form at 1630 in the afternoon during our August visits just because some want the front row.

Jack

Thanks for the tip. How many people are seated in each row?

We had the front, middle section and there were 5 in our row, a set of stairs and 5 more down to the right, then more rows behind. Not an empty seat anywhere with the first showing. I go early while everyone plays. I visit with the CM's and people in line as they show up. Have a great time. The CM's will be very helpful just have to explain and ask if you need something.

Jack

We went on Sept 25th to the 10.15 show. It was 2 adults and 3 kids so it cost quite alot in the end. The kids dessert box was the same as the adults. All the sweet things are very rich and my kids didn't eat much of them but they liked the cheese and crackers. I lined up earlier then what the CM told me because I'd read on Hydroguys thread about kids needing the front row. They started allocating seats before the time they said they would so I'd take whatever time the CM tells you to come at and be there 15 minutes beforehand at least if you have kids. I think I was there at 7.15 and about 7.45 they started allocating seats. My hubby took the kids off for rides etc while I queued, you just need all the tickets with whoevers queuing. I was the 2nd person to pick seats for that show so we got front row. The seating isn't staggered though so people in the 2 rows behind are seated at the same level as the front row. If you are short I'd aim for the front row too. People behind us were complaining they couldn't see etc. and I'm only 5'4".

For us I wouldn't do this again with kids at the price. As it was the second show there was room on the ground in front of us as we arrived and we came straight on over after the fireworks ended. We could have had a decent view for nothing but as it was the only night we could see it I didn't want to risk missing out so the money was worth it really. It was off peak season so if you are going in high season I'd recommend you book seats.

I would highly recommend that one of you take all the tickets for your party and get in the line earlier to pick your seats. Dec 23 is going to be pretty busy (even that is an understatement). Whatever you do, don't eat any desert or "extras" at Cafe Orleans. That tray they give you at Fantasmic is plenty. You may even consider a later Fantasmic showing (maybe you already were planning on it).

I also noticed that most people in line ahead of me for picking seats were there for the earlier showing so it might actually be a bit easier to get seats together for the later showing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter