• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic or not??

suncat73

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have no children and will be going to WDW in June. We are both 30 - We are now debating on whether to go see Fantasmic or not? I have heard so many great things about it. I know we would probably enjoy it but would we use the time better riding some of the rides while the crowds are a little less at MGM?? The 90 minute wait sounds like a waste of time to me and we are only there for a total of 6 days.

Hope someone can help!

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Welcome to the DIS, Suncat!:wave:

I highly recommend going to Fantasmic! It's really a fantastic show. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. The music, the film, the live action. It has it all. If I could only make it to one nighttime show, it would have to be Fantasmic!

Perhaps you and your husband could splurge on a dinner package for Fantasmic one night. You can make priority seatings for one now. You to for dinner at either Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melrose's, or the Brown Derby, and you get a seat at the show. Depending on which restaurant you choose it's between $25 and 40 per person. I think it's worth doing because you can enjoy a nice dinner in an air conditioned restaurant, rather than sitting on a hard, backless bench.

Karen

I went last July and we didn't wait 90 minutes... but others seem to say its a must. SO maybe I don't remember things right...

I think its a good show. I think teh one in Disneyland is better, but I think they use some cool effects that are worth checking. I find I dont get the full Disney effect unless i partake in the great shows they do =) Makes it diff than eveyr other theme park =)

I would make a point to going... If there are two shows, take the later and it wont be as crucial to get there early. You can always grab something for dinner and people watch while you're there. People watching at Disneyworld is ALWAYS a thrill a minute =)

I consider it a "don't miss" attraction. Second only to Wishes as far as I'm concerned.

Deb

I would definately say this is a not to miss show! We heard the same thing about the wait when we went on our honeymoon in 2001 and decided not to go and I was upset we didn't! :(

I have been back twice with my aunt, (she has the vacation club) without DH since I got married and was upset we did not go. It is such a fantastic show. I think I usually sit through the whole thing with my mouth open. It is just an amazing show.

I would go, to say you saw it.

Diana :wave2:

BTW: we don't have kids yet either. I am going to be 32 this year and still love going. DH said Disney is not 'his thing'! Blasphemer! :confused:

Thanks to everyone for helping me out! From what I have been reading so far- it definitely seems like we will not miss this show!!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter