Fantasmic! hints and tips ...

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
For Fantasmic! bring your own glow sticks/necklaces for your kids. They will still have fun at a much less expensive price. You may even be able to find the twrilling light up toys at the Disney Store on sale, before your visit to WDW. :teeth:

Fantasmic! Dinner package is worth it- if you enjoy a sit down meal for dinner and have a seat in the Witches section (not a bad view at all).
info: www.allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm

If you sit in the first few rows, near the water, be prepared to be splashed and get a little bit wet. :umbrella:

Shop for 20 mins after Fantasmic! :rolleyes1 and avoid the crowds home.

If Studios is open late, the evening you go - hop on a few more rides :banana: before you depart.

Anyone else have any hints to add to this thread ?

Stupid question--can you put glow in the dark necklaces in your checked bags? Or do they show up as something toxic?

Glow in the dark necklaces/sticks can go in carry-on (may be safer - you know not to snap them) or in checked luggage.
They do not show up as weird chemical items in x-ray machines.
SWA gave the ok to the above. You can always check your own airline.
But I think it would be the same for all.
(and less expensive than at WDW , hee hee :teeth: )

A bit off topic, but what do you all think about kids & Fantasmic? I'd love to see it, but I have a ds4 & dd2.5 who are both a bit skidish...maybe if I can "warn" them about what to expect they'd do okay..or maybe with the glow sticks - necklaces that would do it too!

Thanks!
Dawn

Well, my 4 yr. old dd (who was a little bit skiddish) at the time got scared and wouldn't go back. But she's now 7 and has just asked to go on this next trip. MY 5 yr. old is not skiddish at all and I know she will not have a problem.

Although Glow in the dark necklaces seems to take their minds off anything. :flower:

Where do you get those glow in the dark necklaces?

pooh2001 said:
If you sit in the first few rows, near the water, be prepared to be splashed and get a little bit wet. :umbrella:
And if it's windy, expect to get a lot wet! We sat on the very front row two weeks ago, and there was a pretty good breeze blowing. My DH asked a CM just how wet we could expect to get by sitting there, and she said, "Oh, not much. Just a little mist every once in a while.". Well, every time the water screens went up, the wind blew the mist right at us, and it was constant!!! In fact, there was so much mist, that we all got soaked, and it was hard to watch the show because of the water blowing in our eyes. We were so wet, that it felt good when the lake caught fire, and DH, DD, and I were pleading with Mickey not to put it out! If it's not windy, those are great seats, because no one is in front of you, and you have a great view of the characters on the boats.

I ordered some stuff from http://www.illuminationz.com, including Green/Red Magnetic Strobe Lights (with batteries) and assorted colors of 8" Glow Bracelets with connectors (3 put together make a necklace). I haven't received them yet, but I'll post again after I do.

:grouphug:

Haven't tried it yet, but I picked up a glow stick necklace at Wal Mart that takes batteries. It was around $3.00 or so...didn't break the bank or anything. Figured it was worth a try. I got it in the camping section. :)

Haven't tried it yet, but I picked up a battery powered glow stick at wal mart the other day. It can attach to a lanyard to be worn as a necklace. They had at least two or three colors, bought blue for dd. We'll see how it works, but it was only around $3.00, so it didn't break the bank regardless.

::MickeyMo

Dollar Trees have the glow necklaces and Target has a dollar section now that has the necklaces, glow rings, glow balls, etc. Good luck! :flower:

I agree with the OP, Fantasmic is the one show I can think of where the first few rows are not good seats. We sat in front on our first time to see the show & we got wet too. When the lake goes "on fire" my kids were scared because it was so close & could really feel the heat. :scared1:

I went to the Dollar store on Saturday and they had tons of the necklaces, bracelets for 3 in a pack for $1! We bought a bunch for our 4th of July party. We may bring a few as giveaways to restless kids in the parks since our kids will be staying home with Grandma... :teeth:

Bev

Thanks, I'm leaving on Saturday, so I need to go locally.
I'm going to look around at our local walmarts and targets. I've been to two Dollar Kings and two Family dollars and haven't seen them, but then again I didn't think to look for them. :rolleyes:

If I can't find anything I'm sure I can dig up something in their collection of stuff in the toy rooms. I have flashing roller skating necklace from a skating party last week.
I've already spent about $100.00 at these dollar stores on supplies for our Disney trip it's crazy, I bought a dozen rain ponchos, art supplies, books, coloring books, headphones, wipes.....

This sounds like a great show.... I have a few questions...

(sorry am kind of a newbie at the whole disney thing)

Am going in July with my DH and Step DS (10) and Step DD (11) is this show something they would enjoy? Also are the glow stick necklaces a must or just makes the show better?

Thanks so much!! ::MinnieMo

I've been to Disney and seen Illuminations, Fireworks at the castle etc...
I think Fantasmic is the best show I've seen in a long time. My DH, DS4 and DS6 loved it. We did the dinner pkg because DH complains to much at long wait times - It worked our great. We did the least expensive pkg at the hollywood & vine.

:flower: p.s. Also the glow stuff is nice to have if your kid's will bug you to buy them stuff constantly. They sell all sorts of stuff before the show starts. My kid's are trained not to ask for everything the see so we didn't have the necklaces this time and they still had a blast!
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

We have done the dinner package twice now and we think it is the only way to go. You have to eat anyway right?? The kids and adults love Hollywood and Vine. There are tons of choices and a great icream bar. I enjoy getting to the show only 30 minutes ahead of time and getting good seats. There is no way we could sit for 90 minutes with three kids! The kids (4,4,2) all enjoyed the show. They were not scared a bit because we told them all it was all just Mickey's dreams. I wish we would have thought to bring our own light up necklaces. We got our dd a light up rose for $6. Some of the stuff they sell is pretty reasonable.

Fantasmic is one of our very favorite things when we go to Disney! It is on my not to miss list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter