Fantasmic/Fireworks

MimiDee905

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me any insight into Fantasmic/Fireworks timing?
We have a Fantasmic DP at Cafe Orleans reservation at 5:00 next Saturday, so I am assuming they are giving us first showing passes. How does this work with fireworks starting at 9:25?
From what I've read, it seems like people from the first show stay put and watch the fireworks from their Fantasmic spots. And that they do projections on the water during the fireworks.
But I think seeing the fireworks from Main Street are a slight priority for us, as we are not frequent Disneyland visitors and not sure when we will be back again.

How likely is it that we can ask for second Fantasmic showing passes with our dining reservation? Has anyone successfully done this? I think it would be easier to go from Fireworks to Fantasmic than vice versa.

Or.....what are my other options...! Thanks for your help :)

If you get 1st seating for F! You can stay in your seats and watch the fireworks from there. There really isn't time to move, and it is super congested in that area during the night time shows. So we have always just stayed put. It was a perfectly good place to watch the fireworks from. We never tried to watch from the hub and then fight our way to the 2nd seating for F!... you are supposed to arrive early if you do the dessert package... so it may be logistically impossible to flip them around. Not sure?

I believe they have been letting people choose their Fantasmic showing on a night that has two.

Going from the early Fantasmic to the fireworks starting 5 minutes later is IMPOSSIBLE. The traffic getting out of the New Orleans Square area is too heavy and slow, and if you did make it to the Hub, there will be nowhere to stand and the CMS will make you keep moving. We tried it once and regretted it.

You can definitely get from the Hub to the Fantasmic viewing area pretty swiftly if you are motivated. You'd want to be near the Hub (IMO the best place anyways for Remember Dreams Come True) on the left side facing the castle, then be prepared to join hands and walk with purpose through Frontierland. The traffic there is one-way until you get to the Fantasmic area. Then you just need to get around the edge of the lake to the area across from the Haunted Mansion where they let the Dining Package guests in to walk back toward the viewing area.

The people earliest into the viewing area for the second show will be hanging around there before they clear the area from the first show/fireworks. They will get the first couple rows of ground space. But my personal preference is to watch from the back row of the viewing area. I'm still seated, but I can shift spots, get on my knees, take plenty of photos without annoying anyone behind me. And the railing isn't in your way nearly as much as the first few rows.

So if "best spot for fireworks" outweighs "best spot for Fantasmic" I think you could have the best of both worlds with your plan.

PHXscuba

For the record, I think that the combo of Fantasmic and Remember Dreams Come True is the best 1-2 punch of entertainment you could ask for. I love watching the first Fantasmic and catching the fireworks almost immediately after, it comes out to nearly an hour of entertainment!

It is way easier to watch the fireworks from Main Street and then migrate over to New Orleans Square. Keep in mind there will likely be a decent amount of people still trickling out once you get closer to the area. Also, be aware that arriving at that time will likely keep you from being able to get a spot along the rail, if that was a factor for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter