Fantasmic & Fireworks same night?

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
We are East Coasters so we do not get to DL often and want to make the most of it.
We will have two nights for DL Fireworks and Fantacsmic (Friday March 17 and Saturday March 18th) and I wonder if it will be possible to see both Friday and Saturday.
Friday we do not have any dining package. I heard it might be possible to pick up a cancellation the day before or day of.
Saturday I am holding a 5:45PM first show Hungry Bear and a 7:45PM second show Hungry Bear and I am trying to decide the best plan and which one to keep.

Is it possible to watch the fireworks and make it to the late show with and without a dining package?
We are also there during the week so we have plenty of opportunities to watch WoC.

Or should we break it up.
Friday Fireworks
Saturday Fantasmic! Do I keep the first or second show package?

Last edited:
We are East Coasters so we do not get to DL often and want to make the most of it.
We will have two nights for DL Fireworks and Fantacsmic (Friday March 17 and Saturday March 18th) and I wonder if it will be possible to see both Friday and Saturday.
Friday we do not have any dining package. I heard it might be possible to pick up a cancellation the day before or day of.
Saturday I am holding a 5:45PM first show Hungry Bear and a 7:45PM second show Hungry Bear and I am trying to decide the best plan and which one to keep.

Is it possible to watch the fireworks and make it to the late show with and without a dining package?
We are also there during the week so we have plenty of opportunities to watch WoC.

Or should we break it up.
Friday Fireworks
Saturday Fantasmic! Do I keep the first or second show package?
Last time I went to Disneyland me and my family were able to make the late-night firework show and the late Fantasmic showing all in one night! No dining plan used. The only downside was we were not on main street for the firework show we were waiting in our spot for the Fantasmic showing. I feel it's entirely possible to make both as long as long as plan ahead, you will most likely have to attend the earlier showing of fantasmic due to the time overlays of the second show and fireworks. so, in short keep the first show package. Hope this helps!

I'd break it up with one show on each day and make your life easier, unless you were trying to catch WOC the other night.

Last Saturday February 4th I did both. It was an estimated 7-level crowd day, for reference. They had one performance of Wondrous Journeys at 9:35PM and two performances of Fantasmic! at 9PM and 10:30PM. I wanted to watch the fireworks in front of the castle, so I got a spot ~9PM on the hub, watched the fireworks, and then got situated for F! near Haunted Mansion at about 10:20PM. They also play the castle projections on the island where they do F!, but I wanted to see the new characters flying over the castle so I had to see it at the hub. I'm not sure what I would do if there were two performances of each, but just know you can comfortably do both in one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter