Fantasmic Dragon?

always quiet

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hyd
Does anyone know when this (he??) is coming back to Fantasmic??

Thanks for any help!

The dragon, I believe, is still there, but when the show goes down for good for the months of April and May, they are replacing it with a new dragon, which, it has been speculated, will debut the 12th of June.

There has been no dragon for the last couple of weeks. And Sherwin is right about a new dragon, which is supposed to debut when Fantasmic returns.

Oh, and I believe the dragon is a she, no? Maleficent turns into the dragon, so... dragon has to be a she, right? (Although we all know my confusion with gender when it comes to Disney characters! :rotfl:)

- Dreams

Oh, and I believe the dragon is a she, no? Maleficent turns into the dragon, so... dragon has to be a she, right? (Although we all know my confusion with gender when it comes to Disney characters! :rotfl:)

- Dreams

the dragon is Maleficient. And she's a lady dragon. :wizard:

I know back then they put "hell" into Sleeping Beauty and showed some nudity in Fantasia, but I don't think they went as far as to put a transgender villain/dragon in the film. :lmao:

Unless, Maleficent doesn't have a sex. :confused3

I definately noticed it missing when we saw it March 8 & even pointed it out to hubby who said, he didn't think anything was missing......so glad to know I'm not going nuts & the dragon was MIA!!!!

Yeah, there was no dragon this past weekend while we were there. I'm pretty sure te dragon (new and improved) will be back when Fantasmic reopens.

So, is the dragon the only thing they are upgrading in the show? We are going at the end of June so we should get to see whatever it is they end up doing. :)

If I may ask, where did you see the date for June 12th at?

So, is the dragon the only thing they are upgrading in the show? We are going at the end of June so we should get to see whatever it is they end up doing. :)

They're also doing some technical tweaks, as well as putting in the Jetskiing characters in the Ursula scene.

And for the official story. Bucky, the Fantasmic! Dragon, will be in the show when it returns in June.

She just needed to start her vacation early, so her Union (Give-Me-Everything-I-Want-or-I-Spew-Fire-at-You Local 904) talked to Management and got her let out early. I believe she's currently visiting family in the Rockies.
:rotfl:

(and, for the record, Bucky is actually her name, and CMs do really call her that)

They don't even show that Fantasmic! as being refurbished on the disney calendar. Why not?

They're also doing some technical tweaks, as well as putting in the Jetskiing characters in the Ursula scene.

And for the official story. Bucky, the Fantasmic! Dragon, will be in the show when it returns in June.

She just needed to start her vacation early, so her Union (Give-Me-Everything-I-Want-or-I-Spew-Fire-at-You Local 904) talked to Management and got her let out early. I believe she's currently visiting family in the Rockies.

(and, for the record, Bucky is actually her name, and CMs do really call her that)
:lmao:

If I may ask, where did you see the date for June 12th at?

They don't even show that Fantasmic! as being refurbished on the disney calendar. Why not?

I haven't seen anything official about when Fantasmic will return. MC's "DL Project Tracker" unofficially says that Fantasmic will return on Friday, June 12.

DLR used to update their entertainment calendars 3 or 4 months ahead of time, but lately the calendars are only being updated 6 weeks ahead of time.

Fantasmic is usually shown nightly during spring break, and then the rest of April, May, and early-June Fantasmic is shown Fri/Sat/Sun. I agree with you, Fantasmic should be listed as a "refurb" on the DLR calendar.

:goodvibes

Oh okay great :cool1:. The last time I saw the show, in Dec. 08, the dragon was a no show and since they had recently refurbished things I was worried the dragon had gotten axed. It's bad without the dragon, the dragon is one of the best parts so glad to see she will be back.

I haven't seen anything official about when Fantasmic will return. MC's "DL Project Tracker" unofficially says that Fantasmic will return on Friday, June 12.

DLR used to update their entertainment calendars 3 or 4 months ahead of time, but lately the calendars are only being updated 6 weeks ahead of time.

Fantasmic is usually shown nightly during spring break, and then the rest of April, May, and early-June Fantasmic is shown Fri/Sat/Sun. I agree with you, Fantasmic should be listed as a "refurb" on the DLR calendar.

:goodvibes
Besides the MC Project tracker, someone here on DIS called Disney and was told by a CM that the return date would be the 12th of June. I won't miss it, but I was hoping it'd be up by the end of May.

Thank you for the info! I can just imagine how the negotiations went! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter