fantasmic dinner pachages(worth it?)

jennlovestom

Earning My Ears
i read about fantasmic dinner packages that include priority seating.

are they worth it? they say you only have to wait 40-60mins, insteadof 60-90mins for fantasmic.

I think they are worth it. You'd be surprised how long that extra 30-45 minutes can seem when you are just sitting there doing nothing. popcorn:: Plus it virtually guarantees you will get in - Fantasmic still sells out now and then.

I'm a big fan of The Brown Derby at MGM, and would eat there anyhow. So I just order the package with them as my choice, and Fantasmic is essentially a "second dessert."

The difference is also being able to enter the theatre and *sit* 30-45 mins in advance as opposed to standing in a crowd, like a bunch of cattle, to get *maybe* a decent seat 20 minutes before the show. If you end up with standing room with young kids it could = disaster.

If you have children I would highly recommend the pkg. I have always met, and had a great time with, people seated around me waiting for the show to start when I get there early with the pkg.

For younger kids, H&V might be a better dinner choice, but for older kids (since they charge you adult price anyway), Brown Derby would be my recomendation.

I have to say, I'm not crazy about the location of the preferred seats. They are off to the side, and although you can see pretty well from there, I don't think they're worth paying for a package to get them. I don't know if that was the reason I wasn't exactly "smitten" with the show or not,but I probably would have enjoyed it more from a better angle. Yep, you get to get in early, and there's a lot to be said for that, but maybe I'll try my luck in line this year to see if I like the show better from a different seat. I'm going solo, so my time is my own, and if standing in line seems too tedious, I can always just walk away...not an option for most people.
If you hate long waits, and want to eat there anyway, I LOVED the Brown Derby!

True the seats are on the side but we liked being able to walk through a separate gate with very few people about 45 minutes before the show. No standing with the hoards .

were going the first week in October (free dining will still be in effect for those starting vacation very late Sept.)

However, we didnt do the fantasmic package because we wanted to eat at 50's prime time. mama melrose and H & V didnt appeal to us, and the brown derby wasnt going to happen since our one siggy dinner is cali grill.

We also didnt like the menu options being scaled down at mama melroses, since that would be where we would have eaten. *I prefer to be able to order my own appetizer and not share a flat bread with 4 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter