• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fanny pack on rides?

Yes, a small waist pack with a three prong clasp is permitted. I've done it many times. Often, the TM asked to see the clasp (mine is hidden under a theft proof covering).

Yes, a small waist pack with a three prong clasp is permitted. I've done it many times. Often, the TM asked to see the clasp (mine is hidden under a theft proof covering).

Stupid question, but what is a three prong clasp? A waist pack sounds like a great alternative to a backpack as I don't want to have to deal with putting a backpack in the lockers near the rides! :thumbsup2

A three prong clasp is pretty much the standard plastic clasp found on most straps. They just don't want it to be a buckle or lanyard type clasp. Wish I could describe it better.

three-prong-clasp-15-mm

Can you wear the allowed fanny pack on Forbidden Journey? I always put it in the locker because of what I read here, the last 2 years. I would love to not have to.

Can you wear the allowed fanny pack on Forbidden Journey? I always put it in the locker because of what I read here, the last 2 years. I would love to not have to.

Yes you can wear it on Forbidden Journey as long as it isn't too large that it obstructs the restraints.

I emailed Universal asking about fanny pack policy and this is response I got. Dear Ms. Stauffer, "Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services. For the safety and security of our Guests and their belongings, loose articles, such as a fanny pack, are not permitted on many of our attractions. Given the safety features, dramatic movement, and dynamic nature of many of our rides, an exception cannot be made no matter how securely the fanny pack is attached. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause. Universal Orlando® strives to offer each Guest the best theme park experience possible. As a part of this experience, we provide lockers in which our Guests can store their personal items while they enjoy our attractions. Please be advised that Universal Orlando® is not responsible for any items that are lost or damaged in our resort. We recommend that you bring only basic essentials to the parks and leave valuable items at home or in your hotel safe. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (407) 224-4233, option three (3). Again, thank you for contacting us.

I emailed Universal asking about fanny packs and this is the response I got.

"Dear Ms. Stauffer,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

For the safety and security of our Guests and their belongings, loose articles, such as a fanny pack, are not permitted on many of our attractions. Given the safety features, dramatic movement, and dynamic nature of many of our rides, an exception cannot be made no matter how securely the fanny pack is attached. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

Universal Orlando® strives to offer each Guest the best theme park experience possible. As a part of this experience, we provide lockers in which our Guests can store their personal items while they enjoy our attractions. Please be advised that Universal Orlando® is not responsible for any items that are lost or damaged in our resort. We recommend that you bring only basic essentials to the parks and leave valuable items at home or in your hotel safe.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (407) 224-4233, option three (3).

Again, thank you for contacting us."

I emailed Universal asking about fanny packs and this is the response I got.

"Dear Ms. Stauffer,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

For the safety and security of our Guests and their belongings, loose articles, such as a fanny pack, are not permitted on many of our attractions. Given the safety features, dramatic movement, and dynamic nature of many of our rides, an exception cannot be made no matter how securely the fanny pack is attached. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

Universal Orlando® strives to offer each Guest the best theme park experience possible. As a part of this experience, we provide lockers in which our Guests can store their personal items while they enjoy our attractions. Please be advised that Universal Orlando® is not responsible for any items that are lost or damaged in our resort. We recommend that you bring only basic essentials to the parks and leave valuable items at home or in your hotel safe.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (407) 224-4233, option three (3).

Again, thank you for contacting us."

pffft.

I have had 2 onsite week long trips.Wore my fanny pack on both trips, each of those days on rides multiple times.NEVER got stopped or had an issue..

Until we start getting reports back that people were denied entry because of their fanny pack, I'll continue to believe that the policies haven't changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter