Family trip...ASSR?

Lover_of_Disney

Mouseketeer
I am taking my parents to Disney for Christmas Dec 3-9. My original intention was to rent a two bedroom villa however I discovered absolutely nothing was available. I have since booked two rooms at the All Star for that was all that was available. After showing them pics of the deluxe resorts I am afraid they are going to be disappointed. I want them to have the experience I have always had at Disney. What do you guys think?? Think they will still love it??? Their not really hard to please, I am just afraid I set them up too much!

Thanks!

AE

I'm sure they will be quite happy with All Star. I have not stayed there but they have a very loyal following. If your intention is for Disney atmosphere, looks like you've gone to the right place. I would not feel bad at all about the resort and I'm sure your parents will be very happy. The Christmas decorations are amazing at Disney and you are going during one of the slower times which means you will be able to accomplish quite a bit while taking in the sites. Don't forget to visit some of the other resorts to see the decorations(GF and WL are both awesome). Once your parents see some of the other resorts you will have a good excuse to start planning another trip. I would also keep calling around to see if any of the other resorts have openings. People cancel their plans all the time. Have a great time!

One of the nice things about the All Star Sports Resort is that it is the first stop for the Disney buses, which then go on to Music and Movies last. So you get to be first on the bus in the morning to get a seat and the first off at the end of the day when the buses are crowded and you are tired!

We stayed there in June and my kids loved it. My husband hated it because we were very cramped in the room, they are rather tiny. But if you are planning on two rooms it should be fine. The only complaint I had was that we were on the second floor and got noise from toilets flushing both above and below us. I would suggest requesting a room on the top floor and see if that helps.

But the bus service was efficient and our room had a pretty courtyard view, we were in Surfs Up facing away from the pool so it was nice and quiet.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

We've stayed at the All Star Movies twice now, and my DD LOVES this hotel!!! We've stayed at many of the Disney hotels, and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the All Stars. We stayed in Love Bug and 101 Dalmations and the location was great!! Both areas were very quiet, and a short walk to the bus stop/food court. Bus service was absolutely wonderful!!

Be sure to visit the other hotels to see their holiday decorations - I found the tree at the Grand Floridian to be breathtaking!

Enjoy your stay!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter