• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 4 going Memorial day week, help pick days

JB Smooth

Earning My Ears
Hi there

We plan on doing SoCal from the 25th-31st of May and want to do 2-3 days in Disney/CA.
It will be two adults and my 9 and 7 year old daughters. my 9 year old turns 10 on the 28th

She really wants to do DL on her actual Birthday, but the 28th is a grad night.

I want to do a 3 day to get us the magic hours, and we can do the 30th, but going on the 28th is freaking me out because of the grad night. I think Sunday or Monday(Memorial Day) would be better, but of course it wont be on her birthday.

Any help is appreciated.

Moving this to the trip planning forum -- Disneyland (California). You'll get lots of good help there!
This thread has info on Grad Nites: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298400. Last year Disney changed the structure for GNs, and that really helped alleviate a lot of the crowding. Now there are 3 GN tiers and schools get to choose which kind of ticket they want. Not all schools choose to buy the most expensive ticket which allows students to park hop all day. So there aren't as many students in the parks all day. And the actual GN party takes place in DCA after park closing, so you wouldn't be affected by that anyway. The Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend have been pretty good the last two years because of the AP blockouts. The holiday Monday has been pretty busy, as have most Mondays over the past year. I'd pay more attention to the AP blockout calendar (see the DLR website) and the school district calendar (there is a thread on this forum) for crowd awareness. More APs blocked = less busy days. By Memorial Day Weekend, lots of local schools, but not all, will be out already. Also be paying close attention to anything related to SWGE opening. Bob Iger already announced June as the official opening month, but gave no official date. We don't know anything yet about previews or media events. Regardless of crowds, with good planning and a positive attitude, you should still be able to have a great trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter