Family of 4 Adults- AKL or AK Villas

hill6

DIS Veteran
DD is graduating from college in May 2011 and said tha she wants her graduation present to be a trip to Disney to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savannah view. Would you recommend the regular hotel or the Villas? There are four adults - DH and I and DD and my Mom. We would need two rooms if we stay at the regular hotel. Probably looking at a 5 or 6 night stay.

Thanks for any and all input.

:cheer2:

I would go with a 1 bedroom at AKV Kidiani, which has a sleep sofa and a sleeper chair and a second bathroom. If you could afford it, a 2 bedroom would be perfect at either Jambo or Kidani. With a regular room, I would get 2 rooms, 4 adults with 1 bathroom is too crowded.

I would look into renting DVC points for either a 1BR at Kidani or a 2BR at either Jambo or Kidani. If you all want to sleep on real beds (vs. pull-outs) you will need a dedicated 2BR which are only available at Kidani. FWIW, I slept on the sleeper sofas at AKV for 6 nights last year and another 4 nights this year and it was fine. I am generally not comfortable on a pull-out and it takes days to get rid of my backache, but the ones at AKV were great!

If you go DVC rental, stay at kidani so you get the extra bathroom (2 full in the 1 bedroom and 3 full in the 2 bedroom)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter