Family first trip

lbjb247

Earning My Ears
So me (35), my mum and my brother (40) had our first ever wdw trip. Flew from Dublin on the 29th, staying at allstar music. Staff at allstar couldn't have been more helpful and our room was in the jazz building quite close to the food court l/buses and next to the ice machine so was really handy.

First night dined at the Boathouse, great food and service.

Day 1 was Epcot. Rope dropped frozen ever after which was great. Next did Grand Fiesta Tour then Remy (which we fancy rided). We also did Spaceship Earth and brother and I did Test Track. One of the unexpected highlights was Canada far and wide and we also enjoyed Awesome planet. Journey into imagination was fun. Only ride I really disliked was nemo and friends but the aquarium afterwards was good.

Evening we had food at Via Napali which was great. I will say that I did find getting around the park a bit tricky with all the walls and with the festival of the arts on it was really busy.

Day 2 we did Hollywood Studios. Weather was a lot better and would continue to improve through the week. First point of call was Galaxy's Edge. As a big star wars fan it was everything I could have hoped for and more.

Rope dropped millennium falcon and we fancy rided rise which was amazing. Got a few toys from the toydarian shop and think we ate something from each stand/restaurant. Outpost mix popcorn was really nice and I liked both blue and green milk but they tasted nicer mixed up.

Next was muppetvision 3d which had us cackling from the preshow. Really enjoyed it.

We missed the one o clock performance of indiana Jones so my brother and I went on star tours then we went to Walt Disney presents to kill some time until the next one. I like how star tours randomises now.

Indiana Jones was an unexpected highlight, both funny and informative. We also did star wars launch bay. Finished the day with some drinks at Oga's

Day 3 and 4 were magic Kingdom. I might get the order we did stuff mixed up but we did pretty much everything we hoped to do including POTC, country bears, big thunder, haunted mansion, Peter pan, small world, carousel, tiki room, jungle cruise, under the sea, philharmagic, tea party, winnie the Pooh, met Tiana and Rapunzel and we ate at be our guest, skipper's canteen, sleepy Hollow and casey's. Also saw most of the parades. While busy it was a lot of fun. Can also confirm that dole whip is great.

On Wednesday night we went back to Disney springs to the AMC to watch Spiderman no way home. Tried the pizza. Pizza at the cinema! Granted it wasn't the greatest but it was nice. The movie was great.

Day 5 was animal kingdom. This may sound silly but I got emotional when I saw the tree of life. The safari and planet watch were fun and informative and dinosaur/dinoland were great. We then went to Pandora. While na'vi River Journey was sweet and the Shaman of song was impressive it was the one ride I didn't think was worth the wait. We had lunch at Suli Cantina the burger pods were great. I also tried the night shade drink which was nice but the pineapple/cheese springroll thing wasn't for me. We honestly were done after that and spent the rest of the day at the resort/chilling doing laundry present shopping etc. We then went to house of blues for dinner. While the food was good the service was not great.

Day 6 we revisited Hollywood studios and did runaway railway. Great fun. Mum and I then did tower of terror which was great. After shopping we got a walk up for Sci fi dine in. Great food and I loved the atmosphere/decor. Afterwards I did Star Tours solo and got a very different experience. We then had another look around galaxy's Edge then mum and I park hopped to magic Kingdom. Finally got around to seven dwarves mine train, did some shopping and did haunted mansion again.

On our final day we went to Chef Art's homecoming for brunch. Really good food. After a bit more shopping got picked up by the mears connect and were homeward bound.

While very tiring and not without some minor issues it was worth every penny and getting to spend time with mum and my brother was amazing. We are already making plans to go back either in 2023 or 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter