Family Accomodation May/07

bruexx

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyland in May/07for a week + are looking for reasonable priced accommodations(3 rooms/suites,6adults,6childern) adjacent to the park entrance on Harbour Blvd. I have come up with the following + would like your comments,or other suggestions:
Best Western Park Place Inn+ Suites
Park Vue Inn
Desert Inn+ Suites
Tropicana Inn+n Suites
Has to be in very close walking distance because of the little ones+ the possibility of having to go back+ forth morwe than once a day.
Also any tips/codes on getting better than rack pricing on any of the above or others? Thanks!

I would add the Candy cane to that list. They dont have suites, and you wouldnt have three rooms that connect, but they could put you in rooms near each other. The free breakfast would really save time and money for a group that size, and the shuttle can't be beat!

We stayed at the Tropicana 2 years in a row. It's not the Ritz, but it's nice enough. We liked it well enough to come back a second time. It had enough room for our family, there were just 4 of us at the time, and it was close enough to come back for midday naps. (Nothing beats a family nap after Early Entry to Disneyland!)

Check out my review of Camelot Inn's Family Suite. It may be a little small for what you are looking for, but maybe a Suite plus a nearby room would work.

Here's the thread

Also, I've stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath suite at the Carousel. Sorry, I don't have a review of that one with pictures. It's slightly smaller, but you do get 2 baths instaed of one. Carousel does also have 3 room view suites. These are on the end of the hotel and overlook the parks.

The Carousel and the Camelot are my favorite hotels in the area. Both are extremely close, have a decent continental breakfast and have great service.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of the others you've listed with the exception of Park Vue. I had a horrible experience with a cancellation with them and I will never consider staying there. I cancelled in plenty of time, had an email to prove it, yet they still charged me and refused to refund the money.

I've stayed at all your other choices but in regular rooms so I can't comment on their suites.

Thanks to those that have answered my post so far,but we are looking for separate rooms/suites,not one to sleep 12.

bruexx said:
We are going to Disneyland in May/07for a week + are looking for reasonable priced accommodations(3 rooms/suites,6adults,6childern) adjacent to the park entrance on Harbour Blvd. I have come up with the following + would like your comments,or other suggestions:
Best Western Park Place Inn+ Suites
Park Vue Inn
Desert Inn+ Suites
Tropicana Inn+n Suites
Has to be in very close walking distance because of the little ones+ the possibility of having to go back+ forth morwe than once a day.
Also any tips/codes on getting better than rack pricing on any of the above or others? Thanks!

Best Western Park Place Inn is nice because it is right across the street from the crosswalk over to DL. It is definitely not the nicest of the hotels, but it is not gross either. We were thinking about the Desert Inn & Suites and received a lot of positive information about them. The only issue I had was you could not book them through Disney travel, at least you couldn't when I tried.

Good luck!

DisneyloverinWA

You might want to look at Portofino Inn. They have kid's suites that have one king in a bedroom and bunk beds and a sofa bed in the other room. They also have 2 bedroom suites that book very quickly. These have 1 king, 2 queens and a sofa bed.

That is going to give you the most space and at a reasonable price! They have rooms that accomodate 10 people -- we had it for $129/night. They have 3 rooms: 2 bedrooms with a bathroom and 2 Queen beds each and a parlor with a sofa bed. They have 3 TV's and were great for our group.

It was not a deluxe hotel but was clean and big and a VERY close walk.

Enjoy!

I just looked on their website for fun:

The big room that sleeps 10 is $129/night and a regular room (sleeps 4) is $69/ night.

It is hard to beat that deal.

bruexx said:
Thanks to those that have answered my post so far,but we are looking for separate rooms/suites,not one to sleep 12.

I'm confused as to what you are looking for because you say separate rooms but then you put /suites.

The Camelot and Carousel that I mentioned had 2 beds in one room and 1 bed in another. They were 1 hotel room (suite actually) that had 1 entry door and the rooms were separated by a locking door.

For clarification,we are looking for 3 suites or rooms to accommodate 4 people in each room/suite.Anyways Thanks for your postings.

I would like to second this vote. I've booked the CCI for our trip down in March. Not only do they have free continental breakfast, but they also have a free small fridge in each room ($10 value, good for snacks/drinks/lunch stuff, which can also save $$), they are actually located on the same block as Disneyland and I'm told that the walk to DL is only 7 minutes long, they have free parking ($9 - $15 per day value), free exclusive shuttle service, free wireless internet ($10 per day value) and are really great to deal with. I've read nothing but fantastic trip reviews about them so far. Everything sounds clean and friendly with the only drawback being that the pool is fairly small. I'm looking forward to staying there!

Hope that helps,
liz

hlbtimes2 said:
I would add the Candy cane to that list. They dont have suites, and you wouldnt have three rooms that connect, but they could put you in rooms near each other. The free breakfast would really save time and money for a group that size, and the shuttle can't be beat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter