Fall Camping

Shannone1

<font color=green>Don't sweat the small stuff<br><
This is my FAVORITE time of the year. The weather is cooling, the fall flowers are blooming and the grass is nice and green again. It's perfect weather for bonfires. Cider mills, apple orchards, Sunday football, and fires going in the fireplace to take the chill out of the air. Ahhhh :cool1:

Does anyone have any fall camping planned ?? We have 4 weekends. 3 local and then we are doing a Halloweekend at Cedar Point with some friends.

I wish. I love camping in the fall, for all the above reasons. Between DW and I we are working pretty much every weekend through October. We are close to making an offer on a trailer, and that may let us try for a later weekend. Past September, tent camping gets iffy around here.

Here's hoping!! :banana:

Hope to get out in early October but camp grounds close down mid October here so..... BUT maybe up in the mountains. One can only hope.

Not this year. :sad1: But we love fall camping too! We usually go every year up in the Adirondacks. The leaves are gorgeous, the boys get to paint pumpkins, and the campground has trick or treating for the kids and a Halloween party with cider and doughnuts. And it is perfect for cozying up around the campfire to make s'mores! :goodvibes

Who knows...maybe we'll end up planning a spontaneous trip anyway.

I do!!!

This weekend at a state park in Manchester, TN
Columbus day weekend at a state park in Northwest Georgia
Halloween week at Ft. Wilderness!!
2 weeks in December at Ft. Wilderness!!!

Not this year. :sad1: But we love fall camping too! We usually go every year up in the Adirondacks. The leaves are gorgeous, the boys get to paint pumpkins, and the campground has trick or treating for the kids and a Halloween party with cider and doughnuts. And it is perfect for cozying up around the campfire to make s'mores! :goodvibes

Who knows...maybe we'll end up planning a spontaneous trip anyway.

Where do you camp in the adirondacks..we have a seasonal site in Alpine Lake RV resort..Corinth..near Saratoga Springs. Unfortunately they close by October 15th..wish they'd stay open a bit further into the fall season.

Fall is my FAVORITE time of year! Camp fires, colors changing, cooler temps, fall festivals...I love it! Thanks for the reminder...I need to make some camping ressies! :goodvibes

I do!!!

This weekend at a state park in Manchester, TN
Columbus day weekend at a state park in Northwest Georgia
Halloween week at Ft. Wilderness!!
2 weeks in December at Ft. Wilderness!!!

That's great..I think it's wonderful for those of you that live in warmer areas that you get to camp year round. It's pretty much over by mid October for us northerners.

That's great..I think it's wonderful for those of you that live in warmer areas that you get to camp year round. It's pretty much over by mid October for us northerners.

That is when the good camping starts for us down here! :upsidedow

We are going camping up north this weekend. Temps are supposed to be in the 60's during the day. It was in the 40's here last night, brrrr. It should be perfect camping!

I really, really miss the fall!!! We would like to head up to the Blue Ridge for a quick weekend sometime in early November just to see the color. Probably won't happen, but I can hope!

Florida just has two seasons....HOT...and....NOT SO HOT!! :lmao:

As much as I enjoy the fall..I HATE what comes after it. I could deal with living somewhere a bit warmer and visiting back north for the fall. I can dream can't I?:sad2: I'm a summer kind of person.

As much as I enjoy the fall..I HATE what comes after it. I could deal with living somewhere a bit warmer and ....and visiting back north for the fall. I can dream can't I?:sad2: I'm a summer kind of person.

I hear you. I enjoy Fall and Spring, but could do without Winter. DW keeps saying that she wants to live where there isn't any Winter (of course she also requires that there be no bugs, either). Somewhere there is a non-Winter having, bug-free climate that is cheap to live in. It's probably right next to that ocean-front property in Arizona. And all the camping is free. :thumbsup2

Ah the fall. Here in So AL. we get to look forward to finally getting all the way down to the upper 80's:rotfl2:

We love camping in the fall. We will camp a few weekends a month until our trip to Disney in December. After that it is really too cold to go around here. We will start back up in April if we are lucky.

I love the cooler weather.

Where do you camp in the adirondacks..we have a seasonal site in Alpine Lake RV resort..Corinth..near Saratoga Springs. Unfortunately they close by October 15th..wish they'd stay open a bit further into the fall season.

I know where that is...haven't camped there yet though. We go fall camping in North Hudson, NY...exit 29 off I-87...at the Jellystone Campground. We usually go the last week of Sept, first week of Oct. because they celebrate Halloween early there (close the second week of Oct. too).

I really, really miss the fall!!! We would like to head up to the Blue Ridge for a quick weekend sometime in early November just to see the color. Probably won't happen, but I can hope!

Florida just has two seasons....HOT...and....NOT SO HOT!! :lmao:

Ain't that the truth!!!

I miss the seasons too....fall was my favorite!! We were married on Nov 25th....

I'm sorry!;)

About it being so hot I mean!:rolleyes1 :goodvibes

I love Fall! Cool weather, festivals and camping in the mountains!:thumbsup2

We've got it made here except for the lack of rain ruining the beautiful fall leaf colors!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter