Fabulous 1st stay at VWL studio!

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Got back late last week after 7 nts. at a studio at VWL and we LOVED it! Rented points from a fellow dis'er to see what DVC was all about. Our studio was a lock-off, corner unit which had a view of Bay Lake/woods on the patio side and a view of the quiet pool from the window on the other side (#4531). The studio felt noticeably larger than the rooms at WL for some reason. Housekeeping was immaculate and all the furnishings were in excellent order. I wanted to note to others wanting to try out a DVC, the studio was SIGNIFICANTLY more attractive than any photos on the internet lead me to hope for. Can't say how impressed we were! Across from our room was a wider-than-average door with a sign "Cast Members Only". I know it was probably a janitorial closet, but our DS was convinced it was Mickey's own room---large enough opening for his head to get through. The only downside to the trip was that both my DS and I have bad allergies and pollen seemed to be everywhere---coating our balcony, outdoor rails and tables, etc....along with a few cool, rainy days. DS had to use his inhaler every 4 hours and I'm still on anti-biotics for a sinus infection. BUT, VWL gets two enthuiastic thumbs up!!!
Karla B.:Pinkbounc

Thank you for your post. Pictures NEVER do the real thing justice. We stayed in a studio at VWL a year ago in December and loved it.

Thanx for the report, ptrbryant.
I always enjoy hearing good things about DVC, and VWL in particular! :cool:

MG

Glad you enjoyed it (despite the pollen -- gezundheit!)

Yes, those net photos are very FLAT... we are consistently (and pleasantly!) surprised every time we open the door of a villa because we have a flat net image in our minds. THe room always seems so much deeper and bigger than we imagined. I suppose in a way that's a perk... or maybe just a downside to web images. Either way, it works in your favor when you're at the villa!

Thanks for the post!

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you got the VIP room across from the "Mickey suite" ;)

Glad to hear that you had a nice trip. We had our first visit home last December in a studio and had a great time. Can't wait to go back this year. Thanks for your report.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Glad to hear you had a great trip. I agree the rooms at the resorts always are so much nicer then what they appear like in the pictures.
SO, did the DVC bug bite you to want to become a member?

ptrbryant, thanks for the great review. I always love to hear someone praise the Studio...DH & I bought at DVC just to use Studios!!!

Glad you had such a good time.

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Hmm, the DVC ownership bug hasn't bitten yet, but it's nibbling! The thing is, my DH and I are both 43, DS 8 and I'm not sure how many more years we'll do the annual WDW trip...I just must NOT let us stay in a 1 or 2 BR or else I'm sure we'd be signing papers!;-)
Karla B.:Pinkbounc

hahahahaha...ptrbryant, DH & I are both 50! We did this for us for as long as we can manage!!!

When I die, I want my ashes to be carried around WDW...I still wanna go on the rides!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter