• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra room key?

GoMegGo

Mouseketeer
We have a two-room reservation next month for AOA. Our room will have me, my husband, our 2 year old son and my in-laws. The other room will house my parents and my sister.

Does anyone know if we will be able to get a room key for our room that isn't associated with a ticket? My parents are planning on bringing my son back to our room at least once during our stay while my husband an I have our anniversary dinner. Since he is under 3, he won't have a ticket and therefor, no room key. I'm hoping the front desk will take pity on us, but I know they are very strict about extra room keys.

I've never found them to be strict about extra keys at all. Just ask at the desk. I don't think you will have any issue.

My under 3 has had a room key in his name without a ticket on it the last two times we were there, so he may get one anyway.

Thanks, GusGus. That's great news! My AAA agents wasn't sure whether he would get a key.

I don't know if it can still be done but I was with a group of friends in two rooms and we all got keys that opened both rooms. We had asked for connecting but they were not available so that was the solution.

It shouldn't be a problem, but do it at check in. They won't be able to give an extra room key to your room to your inlaws after the fact (without you being there) since their names won't be on the reservation. YOU can get one after check in, but they couldn't just go and get one....KWIM? But extra room keys are really that big of a deal at all. :goodvibes

Do not need tickets for room keys. My boys went 6 times at under 3 years of age. Every time they received their own room key. We also have always had tickets not associated with the room (mostly APs or we bought tickets from undercover tourist). All persons on the reservation get room keys, even infants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter