Extra charge for kids 18 and up?

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
Before I call WDW to make my reservation I am figuring out my budget and I just realized our oldest will turn 18 before our next trip. I know WDW charges an extra $10 for an extra adult - would that apply here? Is the cut off for adults 18 or 21?

TIA!

I'm not positive, but I think its 18. We went a few years ago, when my fiance and I were both 18, and I remember our cards saying adult...

18. Our DD18 and her boyfriend (19) are coming with us and it's an extra $50 per night (staying Deluxe) and our other DD is 10 (higher ticket prices). We lucked out last year when they were 17 and 9. This year - it's costing us!!!!

The extra adult charge varies depending on the resort category. I believe it is $10 for value, $15 for moderate, & $25 for deluxe.

Ashes711 said:
I'm not positive, but I think its 18. We went a few years ago, when my fiance and I were both 18, and I remember our cards saying adult...

The cards start saying adult at 10 (for ticket and dining purposes). On room reservations, they call 10 to 17 "junior" so they don't get charged extra.

lost*in*cyberspace said:
An 18 year old is an adult, not a child.

Thanks for the not at all helpful and very snippy response. Maybe in a purely legal sense, but in every other sense she is not. I was referring to the fact that she was *my* kid in the title.

To everyone else, thank you very much for the the responses - we're planning on a value resort so my $10 figure was right.

alien said:
18. Our DD18 and her boyfriend (19) are coming with us and it's an extra $50 per night (staying Deluxe) and our other DD is 10 (higher ticket prices). We lucked out last year when they were 17 and 9. This year - it's costing us!!!!

The little one can always still be 9. ;) I know someone who works at a disney buffet and she tells me at least like once a night when she drops off the bill, 10 year olds become 9, and 3 year olds become 2. :rotfl:

New England Eeyore said:
Thanks for the not at all helpful and very snippy response. Maybe in a purely legal sense, but in every other sense she is not. I was referring to the fact that she was *my* kid in the title.

To everyone else, thank you very much for the the responses - we're planning on a value resort so my $10 figure was right.
Yea I know right? Im only in my mid 20s and consider 18 yr olds to be KIDS. Its funny they think they magically become mature and "adult" after reaching that government imposed number. "Adult" in the eyes of the law? Sure. But "adults" in reality? I wouldn't bet on it. You're not an adult until you can take care of yourself without mommy and daddy coming in to save your butt.

I've seen some 16 yr olds that are more mature than 20 yr olds so I think age and maturity is different from one person to another but I can safely assume that most 18 yr olds are just a bunch of kids playing the "I'm 18" card way too much. :rotfl2:

I know how you feel NE Eyeore-My DS was 17 this year but we hope to go back next year & my two DS's will be 18 & 14 (High school graduation gift-HIS idea).
And I agree- I don't care how old they are they will always be kids to me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter