Extra blanket/pillow bag in closet.

condorthb

Peter, we need to talk about your TPS reports.
When we stayed at BWV last year, the bags had a red zip tie thing showing they had been checked and were clean.

We’re at OKW and neither bag has this?

I only ask because our room smelled like it was scrubbed top to bottom in bleach, like some crazy stuff happened before we checked in.

I’ve stayed at BLT and VGF several times over the last year and all the bags had the zip tie things.

When we stayed at BWV last year, the bags had a red zip tie thing showing they had been checked and were clean.

We’re at OKW and neither bag has this?

I only ask because our room smelled like it was scrubbed top to bottom in bleach, like some crazy stuff happened before we checked in.
Crapshoot every single time. 2 pillows/no blanket. One pillow/one blanket 2 blankets/no pillows.
With company, I almost always need the blanket for those that prefer to sleep in meat locker like temperatures.

Ours at OKW last week didn’t have the zip tie. Everything looked and smelled fresh.

I was at BLT this past weekend and the bag had the red zip tie. Didn't have any issues with cleanliness in the room but you can tell that BLT is in desperate need of a refurb (which I am aware is happening soon).

If the bag is missing the zip tie, there's a chance the prior occupants removed it to look in the bag but didn't take anything out or move it off the shelf. If that's the case, then mousekeeping may not have noticed it had been disturbed. If you're concerned, just call and have a new pillow and blanket delivered.

On our trip in February, the zip ties were missing. It was the first time I had seen that. I used them anyway…they appeared clean.

I take 4 trips a year to DW and can only recall one time last year when the zip-ties were not on the bag...while they did seem clean, I called Housekeeping and had them swapped out just in case...they're very accommodating and it only took 30 minutes or so while I was unpacking and putting everything away.

When we stayed at Riviera for the first time in 2021, my daughter was going to take a nap on the murphy bed while my friend and I wandered around the resort. We had arrived from OKW via Uber around 9am and our room-ready text arrived before we left OKW! When she put the blanket on the bed and crawled in for her nap, she noticed everything (blanket, sheet and mattress) were damp. She immediately called me up there and I realized that the bed and linens were covered in urine. (Working in health care for 25+ years, I have developed a nose to discern different types of urine and this smell was definitely "baby pee".) My guess is that housekeeping hastily turned the room over and merely returned the blanket, sheets and pillow to the package and never checked the bed. The package had the zip-tie on it but the linens were obviously soiled. I would assume that a small child had used that bed and had an "accident" prior to an obviously early-morning departure and neither housekeeping nor the parents took care of the "spill".

I went down to the front desk and politely told a manager about the situation. Housekeeping immediately came up with fresh linens and we recevied a $200 resort credit for the inconvenience. My daughter (18 years old) now refers to the Riviera as the "pee resort" and she will never stay there again. It's still my favorite...urine and all:lovestruc

Stayed at BCV very begining of this May month and both studios did not have the zip ties.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest