Extra and Extra Extra Magic Hour Questions....

anwackerman

Earning My Ears
I know that for regular park days (no extra magic hours) busses from the resorts generally begin 90 minutes before park open. Is this the same for extra and extra extra magic hour days? I want to be sure to be on the first bus and want to know if I should expect that 90 minutes before extra magic hours begin?

Also, wondering about extra and extra extra magic hour rope drop. I know on regular days (no extra magic hours) the parks will let you in well before opening and rope off particular areas - so you can not wonder out to the rides just yet. Is this the same for extra and extra extra magic hours? If the extra magic hour is 7 AM, will they let you into the hub starting at 6? Or keep you at the turnstiles until 7?

I know on regular days (no extra magic hours) the parks will let you in well before opening and rope off particular areas - so you can not wonder out to the rides just yet. Is this the same for extra and extra extra magic hours? If the extra magic hour is 7 AM, will they let you into the hub starting at 6? Or keep you at the turnstiles until 7?
They let you in the hub early. It is to everyone's benefit (including the CMs) to do so. The earlier the park opens the longer they wait to let people in, so it (probably) won't be 6, but it will be early.

I don't know the bus answer.

I know on regular days (no extra magic hours) the parks will let you in well before opening and rope off particular areas - so you can not wonder out to the rides just yet. Is this the same for extra and extra extra magic hours? If the extra magic hour is 7 AM, will they let you into the hub starting at 6? Or keep you at the turnstiles until 7?

MK will start letting people in 5-15 min before opening on an EMH day. Since the EEMH days haven't begun, we don't really know how they will handle those days.

AK has still been letting people in 15-45 min before opening on an EMH day and holding people near the bridge into Pandora. Again, don't know how they will handle EEMH.

HS has also been opening earlier even for EMH and holding inside. Don't know the exact time frame for this one.

EP usually holds people near the turnstiles until opening.

Is EEMH going to be permanent?

When does it start? Is it for all the parks?

Is EEMH going to be permanent?

When does it start? Is it for all the parks?

Here's the rundown:

DHS
8/29-8/31 - 6am regular park openings (no EMHs these three days)
9/1-11/2 - 9am regular park openings and 6am-9am EMHs every day

MK

8/29-11/2 - 8am regular park openings and 7am-8am EMHs every day

DAK

No adjustments have been made to Epcot hours or EMHs.

We saw special runs of hours/EMHs like this around both Pandora and TSL, so this seems similar. I suspect there will be some kind of extension at DHS, especially through the holidays. TBD of course.

Here's the rundown:

DHS
8/29-8/31 - 6am regular park openings (no EMHs these three days)
9/1-11/2 - 9am regular park openings and 6am-9am EMHs every day

MK

DAK

No adjustments have been made to Epcot hours or EMHs.

We saw special runs of hours/EMHs like this around both Pandora and TSL, so this seems similar. I suspect there will be some kind of extension at DHS, especially through the holidays. TBD of course.
I would be shocked if some version of EEMH isn’t added from 11/20-1/2, or perhaps even 11/3-1/2. It may not be identical.

When Toy Story Land had similar early openings at 7 AM last summer, I was through the tapstyles by 6. Got my mocha latte at Starbucks and got in the mob to head to SDD. I have a lovely photo of the sun rise looking back at the park entrance. I was on property and took a bus from Pop to get there by 6.

When Toy Story Land had similar early openings at 7 AM last summer, I was through the tapstyles by 6. Got my mocha latte at Starbucks and got in the mob to head to SDD. I have a lovely photo of the sun rise looking back at the park entrance. I was on property and took a bus from Pop to get there by 6.
Was it as busy as a normal RD at that hour?

Was it as busy as a normal RD at that hour?
I don't think so, but I don't do many rope drops. I was there Aug 1 so it had only been open a month or so, but that early the crowd was smaller I would guess, probably because of the very early hour. I certaily felt it was a manageable amount of people.

I don't know what to expect with this fall, looking forward to reading reports from those going in Sept.

Very small crowds at those EMH. We did everything we wanted to at HS by nine am. All of Toy Story land, Rockin Roller Cosster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours and ice cream.

Soooooo looking forward to this! It will be worth it getting up at those ungodly hours to get so much accomplished! Taking an afternoon break will be much easier imho as well.

Soooooo looking forward to this! It will be worth it getting up at those ungodly hours to get so much accomplished! Taking an afternoon break will be much easier imho as well.
I’m hoping Galaxy’s Edge will be like Toy Story land EMH were. However, I’m reluctant to expect it to be that quiet. Toy Story Land’s EMHs were notable in how quiet they were. We shall see...

That sounds encouraging...we were planning to do the EEMH at HS on Sept 1st to see Galaxy's Edge - wondering if it isn't a better idea to do literally everything else first while everyone rushes to GE and then steel our will at like 8 or 9am to brave it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter