Extra Adult Fee Increasing for 2018

subtchr

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I booked a room only reservation for January this morning and found out that the extra adult fee for a third or fourth adult (18 and older) at Disney resort rooms (does not apply to villas or suites) is increasing for 2018.

Value resorts - $15 (was $10)
Moderate resorts - $25 (was $15)
Deluxe resorts - $35 (was $25)

Wow, that's a big jump for moderates and deluxe. And really, an 18 yr old isn't paying their own way. I never understood a 4 person occupancy room, but charging if there's more than 2. Seems pretty unfair. I thought $25/night extra was a rip off, now it's crazy.

Wow, that's a big jump for moderates and deluxe. And really, an 18 yr old isn't paying their own way. I never understood a 4 person occupancy room, but charging if there's more than 2. Seems pretty unfair. I thought $25/night extra was a rip off, now it's crazy.

It's standard in the hotel industry around the country, but you're right, it's a bit of a sticker shock!

Value resorts - $15 (was $10) 50% increase
Moderate resorts - $25 (was $15) 66% increase
Deluxe resorts - $35 (was $25) 40% increase

Some 18 year olds do pay their own way.
Many traveling duos sleep in separate beds.
Many, many travelers travel with children under 18.
Hotels in Las Vegas charge extra for children 12 and older, or children period.
Additional person charge is still MUCH more economical than a second room.
Marriott is a separate corporation with its own policies.

The current additional per-adult charges heaven increased in at least fifteen years.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I booked a room only reservation for January this morning and found out that the extra adult fee for a third or fourth adult (18 and older) at Disney resort rooms (does not apply to villas or suites) is increasing for 2018.

Just curious how you booked a reservation for January...it will only let me go to December 2017 now...

Even the motels (and they are truly motels) by Mackinaw City charge for more people than 2. I even had to pay extra for a 13 year old. At a 2 star motel that is basic as basic can be. I also wouldn't complain too much when the current rate structure has been in place as Kaytie stated, for 15 years without change.

Another reason to buy or rent DVC points.

Hilton or Marriott never charge. We had 3 or 4 in a Hilton room, and Marriott without extra person charge.

Every Hilton or Marriott we have stayed in with our adult daughter does charge. Were the extra adults registered guests?

If you check rates for the Disney Springs Hilton they sure do charge for more than 2 adults.
I haven't checked Disney Springs. But the Marriott I've stayed at in Ft Lauderdale didn't charge for extra people, and the hotel I stay at in Deerfield Beach doesn't either. I wonder if it's based on what area it is? The Deerfield hotel isn't a chain. It's privately owned. Don't know. It's been awhile since I've stayed at a Hilton so possible they've changed the rule.

Just curious how you booked a reservation for January...it will only let me go to December 2017 now...

You can book room only reservations up to 499 days in advance, but you must do it over the phone for after January 1. Online booking for 2018 will open next Tuesday, June 20.

What's the rationale for charging extra for 4 adults versus 2 adults and 2 children?
I'm just curious, but I would think kids can be more work cleaning up a room, etc.

What's the rationale for charging extra for 4 adults versus 2 adults and 2 children?
I'm just curious, but I would think kids can be more work cleaning up a room, etc.
You have a point there. Kids would be more work to clean up after.

You have a point there. Kids would be more work to clean up after.

Not really. Adults you more electricity, more towels, more shampoo and lotion and probably make more demands than kids.

I also think that hotels figure the adults could be renting their own room.

If you have 4 adults in a DVC villa you are paying cash through Disney do you have to pay the extra fee?

Not really. Adults you more electricity, more towels, more shampoo and lotion and probably make more demands than kids.

I also think that hotels figure the adults could be renting their own room.

I don't think there's less towels or shampoo being used unless the kids are all boys! I've been given a room after it had kids in it and there's still hair ties, crumbs and gold fish under things that housekeeping missed. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter