Extension for wheelchair push handles

jenpace

DIS Veteran
I recently went ahead and bought my dd who has a connective tissue disorder (similar to EDS) a wheelchair for our trips to Disnelyland as she's too old (8 y/o) to ride in the jogger anymore.

Since I am 5' 10" and my dh is 6' 6" I was concerned about the handle height of all the standard wheelchair push handles and the fact that after-market handle extenders seem to be pretty few and far between availablility wise.

I decided to try the old handle extender from the jogger stroller she had been sitting in (Mountain Buggy Urban) and YAY! It fits perfectly, giving us a few more inches in height and a little more room for my (and dh's) stride too.

I don't know if they are making them anymore as after 2005 Mountain Buggy incorporated an adjustable handle into all their strollers but it might be worth a try in case anyone needs that extra height.

Here is a photo of our wheelchair (Drive 18" "Blue Streak") with the handle extender and also the BOB canvas cup holers:

ba64e3de.jpg

And here is the stock photo of the actual Mountain Buggy stroller handle extender:

handle_up.jpg

It has two clamps that attach the handle to the wheelchair/stroller handles and there are velcro straps that secure it on both sides as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter