• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extending trip by one day and staying in relatives room question.

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
DH and I have 3 nights booked with AP rate using DME. My brother is coming and have an AP rate at another hotel also using DME. DH and I are thinking of extending our trip by one night and staying with my brother. IS it possible to add 2 guests for one night during his stay?
Thanks

DH and I have 3 nights booked with AP rate using DME. My brother is coming and have an AP rate at another hotel also using DME. DH and I are thinking of extending our trip by one night and staying with my brother. IS it possible to add 2 guests for one night during his stay?
Thanks
How many people will already be in his room? They do have capacity limits. Assuming that's no issue, there is nothing wrong with it. Your brother paid for the hotel room & can have guests over, within free capacity limits, if he wishes. He doesn't need to sign you up with Disney.

Last edited:
How many people will already be in his room? They do have capacity limits. Assuming that's no issue, there is nothing wrong with it. Your brother paid for the hotel room & can have guests over, within free capacity limits, if he wishes. He doesn't need to sign you up with Disney.
It’s just him so we are fine on the limits. I guess my concerns are, how will we book DME and also have a key to the room?

It’s just him so we are fine on the limits. I guess my concerns are, how will we book DME and also have a key to the room?
If you want all the benefits of being a resort guest that's a different matter and you will have to go through Disney. I thought you just wanted a place to sleep & shower for an extra night, & your brother offered you his extra bed. (I also hope that he offered & it's not your plan to suggest it.)

I recommend calling or messaging Disney to ask.

If you want all the benefits of being a resort guest that's a different matter and you will have to go through Disney. I thought you just wanted a place to sleep & shower for an extra night, & your brother offered you his extra bed. (I also hope that he offered & it's not your plan to suggest it.)

I recommend calling or messaging Disney to ask.
Oh no he offered lol

Thanks

Definitely.

Once you are added to the room, your Magic Band will get you access to the room. And again, once you're added to the reservation you'll be able to make your Magical Express reservation for the return trip to MCO.

Yes, this! OP, on the day you will be joining your brother, have your brother go to his resort front desk and ask them to add you and your DH for that one night. I would go with him so they can make sure your MBs are linked to get into the room or your brother could simply ask for two plastic keys for that night. If it's just your brother in the room, once you and DH are added for the night, you will have to pay the extra adult charge just for that evening. That rate will depend on where you are staying. Once you are added to the reservation, you can call MDE and set up your return time to get to the airport the next day or ask the resort concierge to help you.

Yes, this! OP, on the day you will be joining your brother, have your brother go to his resort front desk and ask them to add you and your DH for that one night. I would go with him so they can make sure your MBs are linked to get into the room or your brother could simply ask for two plastic keys for that night. If it's just your brother in the room, once you and DH are added for the night, you will have to pay the extra adult charge just for that evening. That rate will depend on where you are staying. Once you are added to the reservation, you can call MDE and set up your return time to get to the airport the next day or ask the resort concierge to help you.
My guess is we would ask bell services to move our luggage from YC to CSR on check out day, them head out and just take bus to CSR when we are ready for a break. I suppose my brother could go to front desk once he wakes up and add us and get a couple of plastic keys. Or if we are not going to see him before the afternoon break we could pick up keys at front desk. Once in the room, I can call and book DME for the next day?

My guess is we would ask bell services to move our luggage from YC to CSR on check out day, them head out and just take bus to CSR when we are ready for a break.

That's what we would do.

I suppose my brother could go to front desk once he wakes up and add us and get a couple of plastic keys. Or if we are not going to see him before the afternoon break we could pick up keys at front desk.

Once you're added to the reservation, your Magic Bands will get you in the room. No need for key cards.

Once in the room, I can call and book DME for the next day?

Once you're added to the reservation, you can make your DME reservation.

Thanks for all of your help! I was able to change flights this morning. Should I call ME and cancel the trip home from YC now or wait until I arrive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter