Express Pass Recommended for Sat Mar 30? Will it sell out day of?

DisneyDarlingness

DIS Veteran
Hi! My group of 2 adults and 2 under 10 year olds will be at Universal/IOA for one day only, and I know it'll be a busy one - March 30, the Saturday before Easter. I got the park to park ticket because we've never seen many of the HP attractions (though we have been to Universal Hollywood), but how critical is it to get Express Pass? I held off due to the pricing but after reading about how much busier Universal/IOA seems lately compared to prior years, I'm wondering if I should get it now. Will it sell out if I wait until the day of? Should I bite the bullet and pony up? I haven't been there in maybe 15 years and the kids have never been! Thank you for your kind advice!!

It is possible to sell out, and/or the price could still increase more as the date gets closer. 1 time EP is at $299 for that date right now. You should look at booking 1 night at one of the Premier hotels, for the included EP. Right now Royal Pacific has rooms for $845 ($950 after tax) which my math skills tell me would be a cheaper than buying the 4x EP separately. That also means you could spend the Sat night right there afterwards, and use the pool Easter Sun if your schedule allows. You would also then be eligible for early entry.

If you chose not to ($950 is a lot of money), just pack your patience and pick out your must-dos. The lines for the headliners will likely be up over an hour each for much of the day. At least the queues are interesting. The first few hour or so and last few hours will be the shortest waits, so plan whatever breaks you need to in order to make use of those last few hours. Mid-day is great for watching shows, a snack break and/or nice long recuperation lunch break, etc.

Express Passes can sell out. For that date it currently costs around $300 each to add express to your park to park ticket, so yes, sounds like that day will be packed. If you book a ghost/throwaway room at one of the deluxe resorts you will get express pass for free and save a few hundred dollars vs buying express passes outright for your group of 4. Plus you get an extra hour in one of the parks (usually IoA) while staying at a deluxe hotel.

You can certainly go without express passes. Go in knowing you won't get as much accomplished and have some activities to do while in line.

Thank you both so much!! I did already book a non modifiable night at Boardwalk Villa as part of a longer stay, so it feels painful to book another room for the same night but I guess I’ll know better for next time! I did go ahead and book the Royal Pacific for one night although I cringed while doing it haha! Does the hotel room Express Pass work for both parks on the same day, or is it only good for 1 park a day? Thank you again for all your great advice!

Both parks (not Volcano Bay) and it is the unlimited Express Pass. You will check in any time that morning, then your room keys double as your EP. You can take the RP boat to the parks, no need to go through the parking garages. Security is much quieter at the boat docks.

Both parks (not Volcano Bay) and it is the unlimited Express Pass. You will check in any time that morning, then your room keys double as your EP. You can take the RP boat to the parks, no need to go through the parking garages. Security is much quieter at the boat docks.
Thank you so much! I didn’t know about the boat! Really appreciate all the great tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter