• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explorers. Dream Castle or Magic Circus - Which One!!!

Mrs Stonfiesta

<font color=blue>My name is Julie and i am a bread
I think i have finally figured out how to get 2 trips to disneyland paris before the year is out lol! We have a free return trip on the eurostar that has to be used before the end of the year, 2 nights free at the sequia lodge and tesco vouchers to pay for a return trip on the eurotunnel! So i am thinking... :eek:

Sept - use the 2 nights at the SL free which inc disney tickets for 3 days - then book 2 nights at one of the above hotels and buy a 1 day park ticket using other halfs dream annual pass - so trip would cost £180 (dream castle or magic circus) or £156 (eplorers) and a one day ticket with discount £40.80. we never go to the parks on our last day anyway so dont need a ticket for this day. Use tesco vouchers and drive so trip will cost =£220ish plus petrol and toll money.
then in nov use the free return eurostar and stay at cheyanne for 3 nights with park tickets for me and oh uses his dream pass costing £280.
Sept trip 4 nights = £220
Nov trip 3 nights = £280

what do you think??? So my next dilema is that we have never stayed off site before so which of the 3 hotels mentioned are the best, if you could choose out of the three where would you stay? Or should i just pay the £300 the sl wants for 2 nights so that we dont have to chnage hotels mid trip, is it worth the extra £80 to not have to do this? I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible or else we will only be going once this year and the prices are just so :scared1:.

I chose the Dream Castle because on Trip Adviser it's in 4th position out of the Marne la Vallee region.
1 is the DLH
2 & 3 no good for us
4 Dream Castle
5 again no good for us
6 New York which I absolutley loved

It was the deciding factor, even though usually I don't pay too much attention to the reviews on there, but I couldn't decide which to choose either. :confused3

We had the same dilemma this year, we booked Dream castle, because it was the only hotel providing a fridge ( amust for keeping medicine in) and we a great deal , we got 6 nights for just €433 (383 Pounds).

The Magic Circus has a fridge. The Dreamcastle and Magic Circus are pretty much the same, they just have different themes. I've never stayed in the Explorers but I believe it's a 3* hotel (DC & MC are 4*). It looked nice enough from the outside though.

It's probably worth mentioning that there's a special offer on for AP holders. You can get a 1day 2parks tickets for a friend for E22. You just have to print off the flyer: http://offres.disneylandparis.fr/FR/FR/Distant/Images/for-e-mailings.pdf.
note, it expires on the 16th of September and isn't valid on the 10th & 11th of September.

I emailed Magic Circus and Dream Castle before booking about the fridge and, they replied back that the magic circus did NOT have a fridge and that medicine could be stored at the reception, and the Dream castle does have it in the room.

I have just stayed at the Explorers and couldnt fault it. They even upgraded us to a suite which was lovely having 3 kids! We had a living room, 2 beds and 2 bathrooms as well as a dressing area. The staff were brilliant too which always helps! I know everyone will be able to reccomend all of them but I think you would be safe with any of them. Another plus for the explorers is its the first pick up which means no scrambles to fit on the bus and its the first drop off on your way home!

I emailed Magic Circus and Dream Castle before booking about the fridge and, they replied back that the magic circus did NOT have a fridge and that medicine could be stored at the reception, and the Dream castle does have it in the room.

Strange, I stayed at the Magic Circus in May and our room certainly had a fridge.

Hi,

I stayed at the Magic Circus & Dream Castle last year & Explorers this year.

My kids wouldn't let me book anywhere but the Explorers now as they has such an amazing time in the pool. But, they are 6 & 9.

But, if you are taking a much younger child I would say the Magic Circus pool is better. Wasn't really keen on the Dream Castle pool.

If the pool is not an issue then any of them are great but the Explorers does feel slightly more 3*. Nothing I can really put my finger on, just slightly less luxurious.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter