Expired Tickets Assigned to Others

HarvardAce

Mouseketeer
We bought 8-day park hopper tickets for two people back in early 2020 for a summer 2020 trip. We cancelled that trip and ended up going in summer 2021, and I believe the tickets were automatically extended through September 2021. However, they were not able to come at the last minute of our trip. Both tickets were assigned to their own personal MDE accounts, but were never used in whole or in part. I'm assuming that they have since expired at this point.

I've read that the money used to buy the tickets can be applied to another ticket, but given that they were assigned to someone else, I'm not sure what the process is. We purchased them from UnderCovertourist and have the original receipts. To make matters more complicated, if possible we would want the money paid for those two tickets to be applied to tickets for two other people. We also don't have specific dates yet (sometime Summer 2023).

To sum the questions up:
  1. Is the money we spent on those tickets usable toward new tickets?
  2. Do we need to call ticketing to do it, or is it possible to do it online?
  3. If we need to call ticketing, can I do it as the original purchaser of the ticket, or do I need to have the two people who were assigned the tickets call in?
  4. Do I need to have all the details of the new tickets (name, dates, type of pass) ready when I/they call?
Thanks for the help!

We bought 8-day park hopper tickets for two people back in early 2020 for a summer 2020 trip. We cancelled that trip and ended up going in summer 2021, and I believe the tickets were automatically extended through September 2021. However, they were not able to come at the last minute of our trip. Both tickets were assigned to their own personal MDE accounts, but were never used in whole or in part. I'm assuming that they have since expired at this point.

I've read that the money used to buy the tickets can be applied to another ticket, but given that they were assigned to someone else, I'm not sure what the process is. We purchased them from UnderCovertourist and have the original receipts. To make matters more complicated, if possible we would want the money paid for those two tickets to be applied to tickets for two other people. We also don't have specific dates yet (sometime Summer 2023).

To sum the questions up:
  1. Is the money we spent on those tickets usable toward new tickets?
  2. Do we need to call ticketing to do it, or is it possible to do it online?
  3. If we need to call ticketing, can I do it as the original purchaser of the ticket, or do I need to have the two people who were assigned the tickets call in?
  4. Do I need to have all the details of the new tickets (name, dates, type of pass) ready when I/they call?
Thanks for the help!
  1. The value of a ticket can be used toward the purchase of a new ticket. If the new ticket has a lower price than the value of your existing ticket, there will be no refund of the overage. If the new ticket costs more, you will pay the difference.
  2. If a ticket has not expired, you can do it online but since your tickets were from a date in 2020 it will have to be done on the phone or in person at guest services.
  3. Now for the bad news. The tickets no longer belong to you once they are transferred to a person who has their own MDE account. The people who had been assigned the tickets would need to contact Disney to recover the tickets and change them to a new date. Once the new tickets are available in their account(s), they can reassign the unused tickets back to you. You could then assign the tickets to the new people that you want to use them for.
  4. It helps to have as much information as possible at their fingertips when the original guests call ticketing.

Above is correct -- you no longer own the tickets or their potential value. The people to whom the tickets were assigned will need to contact WDW and get the tickets brought up-to-date...which may require paying more if the new dates cost more than the old 2020 dates. I suggest finding dates/length that very closely match the value of the old ticket to avoid paying extra - this may mean 8-day hoppers become 5-day basic tickets or whatever works best for the value. Once those tickets are again "current" in their MDE, those folks can transfer the tickets back to you, at which point you may reassign them to whomever - and further adjust the dates/length as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter