• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Expert Budget Folk needed!!!!

bravesfan92

Earning My Ears
I want to make sure I have enough money going with me.

Okay, I have my hotel, tickets and 3 food GC bought. The GC are for the two days at the end of our trip when we go to US/IOA at The Kitchen and Pastamore. They are for $50.00 each, so a total of $150.00 in food. (Two GC for The Kitchen and one for Pastamore). So I figured that was lunch and dinner one day and lunch or dinner the next.

Anyway, we will be arriving in the afternoon of July 3rd and leaving on July 8th, for a total of 5 nights and 6 days. I will be taking $1600.00 dollars with me. So do you expert budget folk think that is enough. By the way it is me, my husband and 2 children that are 9 and 6. We are driving and it is about 700 - 750 miles to Orlando. We will also be doing Chef Mickey for dinner on the 5th and Princess storybook breakfast on the 4th. Any advice is great. Thanks.

Originally posted by bravesfan92
I want to make sure I have enough money going with me.

Okay, I have my hotel, tickets and 3 food GC bought. The GC are for the two days at the end of our trip when we go to US/IOA at The Kitchen and Pastamore. They are for $50.00 each, so a total of $150.00 in food. (Two GC for The Kitchen and one for Pastamore). So I figured that was lunch and dinner one day and lunch or dinner the next.

Anyway, we will be arriving in the afternoon of July 3rd and leaving on July 8th, for a total of 5 nights and 6 days. I will be taking $1600.00 dollars with me. So do you expert budget folk think that is enough. By the way it is me, my husband and 2 children that are 9 and 6. We are driving and it is about 700 - 750 miles to Orlando. We will also be doing Chef Mickey for dinner on the 5th and Princess storybook breakfast on the 4th. Any advice is great. Thanks.

Here's an easier way to tell if you have enough:

I took your $1600 and divided it by 6 days. That came to $266.66 a day for the 6 days. I then took that and divided it by 4 people and it came to $66.66 a day for the four of you to spend. Now of course, I don't think your 9 and 6 year old will spend that much on eating nor souvenirs, but hey...it is Disney, so you never know! :rolleyes: So it now breaks down to this:
Take that $66.66 for yourself and answer a few questions...can you eat three meals for that much alone in Disney? You bet you can...with some leftover. ::yes:: Will that cover your snacks and extra drinks along the way as you're in the parks? I'm sure it will. You walk into a gift shop and see that Tigger shirt you HAVE to have, will you have the money to buy it considering you may have already had one meal and one snack say at the MK? I'm sure that you will!! :tongue:

So it looks to me like you should be just fine. Does that $1600 account for gas and eating on the way there? If so, you're going to have to do some more math, but I still think it will all come out just fine. I do hope that I've helped.

Blessings,

Denise :wave: :sunny:

It is hard to say..are you going First Class no holds bared? or are you going typical family vacation? If you are willing to have shared meals, a couple of breakfasts in your room, a few moderate meals and 1 or 2 expensive meals, I think you will be totally fine. I would suggest a market stop since you are driving for cooler items or water and snacks. I highly suggest bringing the Brita Bottles.

But I think you can do it on your current budget, as long as you don't go too crazy with the souveniers. Have a great time.:smooth:

We always stay at Motel 6 while traveling it's pretty consistant. If you are coming all the way on one day that will not be an issue. don't over pay for gas. Try gasbuddy.com and look in the areas you will be traveling thru. Also Loves.com gives their daily prices and locations. As far as food You can eat for litte on some days and splurge on your big planned meals. That will leave pleanty left over for shopping and misc. expenses. Try mousesavers.com for ideas on stretching meals. Also it is so hot we usually just share as we don't feel like eating a big meal in the daytime. Where are you staying at. We will be at the Pop from July 4 til July 11. You should be fine. I don't think I will have that much and we will be gone for two weeks. Doning a Carnival Cruise beforehand. Have fun. Don't Worry Be Happy!!:sunny:

We just got back and I have a 6 and a 9 year old too. Looking over my notes we spent between $80-$200 a day- the huge range is because some days we did counter service for lunch and dinner and other days we had two sit down meals. All our sit down dinners were between $110-$150 with tax and tip. We let the kids order the fancy $6 drinks and desserts from the adult menus, if you didn't you could cut those bills by $25. We did three breakfast buffets, around $100 after the tip. We always did our big meals as early (for dinner) or as late (breakfast) as possible, so we often had iceream for lunch (4 Mickey bars are $10 I think). We get to go fairly often so we don't buy too much 'stuff' but we always plan on $100 per child. So I think you are fine unless you plan a whole lot of sit down meals or buy out the stores.

[/QUOTE] Where are you staying at. We will be at the Pop from July 4 til July 11. You should be fine. I don't think I will have that much and we will be gone for two weeks. Doning a Carnival Cruise beforehand. Have fun. Don't Worry Be Happy!!:sunny: [/B][/QUOTE]

We are staying at All Star Movies from July 3rd checking out on the 6th, then we are moving over to the Royal Pacific from July 6th and checking out on the 8th.

The only sit down we plan on doing are the Princess Storybook character breakfast and Chef Mickey dinner. Other than that it will be too hot to eat.

Now, my husband will probably break us buying those strawberry ice cream bars in the park. That is the only reason he agreed to go! (lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter