experienced scrappers - I need advice please

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
Good Morning,

I have a question. Can you give me your opinion please?

I am going to scrap 8 years worth of my kids pictures. Tell me if this would work......I'm looking for an efficient way of scraping the past 8 years.......

For example, I will get out all of my halloween supplies and do all 8 halloweens at once. I will have the 8 scrapbooks and when they are ready, I will put each set of pages into that years books. Then I will do the 8 Christmas', etc.

Doesn't that sound like a good idea? That way, I will only have to get all of the halloween stuff out once, etc.

Tell me reasons (that I haven't thought of) that this would be a bad idea.

Thanks so much for your insight!

The only reason that it possibly wouldn't work for me is that I'm not that organized! If you have all of your stuff together for 8 years worth of halloween, then that is a GREAT plan!

Again, if you are that organized.. go for it!! Otherwise, i would suggest to start with the most recent memories and work back. Those memories that are most recent are in the front of your mind, you should scrap them while they are fresh....

I tend to scrap in themes.
Gather all your theme stuff together and store it that way, then you are all ready when you do want to scrap.It is also a better way to use up all your scraps and bits of theme embellishments as they are always right there under your nose.
I have also decided that no way am i going to get caught up on the backlog of kids stuff that i am scrapping recent holidays and events. I was stressing about what i still had to do instead of enjoying what i am doing. hope that makes sense!!

make a start with the photos.
I am only doing a 2 page spread of each christmas when i am in the mood for christmas stuff. make it easy on yourself

I find it is hard for me to do pages without the pictures - are they horizontal, vertical or shaped, will a two page spread work or do I need four pages, etc.

If you have all the pictures then I say yes it would be easier to do all of each holiday or event at once. I do agree with someone else's comment about scrapping the most recent pictures first. Otherwise you forget about them too :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter