Experience with VGC 7 month window?

JoelD

Lurking since 1999
Anyone have experience getting (or not getting) VGC rooms at the 7 month window?

We're thinking about going to Disneyland the Friday-Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2012. Since our home resort is BWV we'll have to reserve our VGC room(s) at the 7 month window.

Does anyone think we'd have trouble getting a 2 bedroom and maybe a studio?

I was able to book a 2 bedroom the second week in June, I am guessing thanksgiving might be a little more difficult due to the holidays but you never know. Good luck!

You'll hear success stories and failures.

Bottom line is VGC only has 23 Two Bedroom Villas and 23 lockoff 2Bs which can be reserved separately as a Studio and 1B. And there are thousands of VGC owners who have priority booking over you.

Getting a few weekdays during the slower seasons at 7 months...not terribly hard, particularly if you have flexibility in your schedule.

Getting two villas at 7 months around a major holiday...let's just say I wouldn't make any travel arrangements until accommodations are confirmed. Not a recipe for success, IMO.

You'll hear success stories and failures.

Bottom line is VGC only has 23 Two Bedroom Villas and 23 lockoff 2Bs which can be reserved separately as a Studio and 1B. And there are thousands of VGC owners who have priority booking over you.

Getting a few weekdays during the slower seasons at 7 months...not terribly hard, particularly if you have flexibility in your schedule.

Getting two villas at 7 months around a major holiday...let's just say I wouldn't make any travel arrangements until accommodations are confirmed. Not a recipe for success, IMO.

Good advice!

PS - We are going to be trying at 7 months for VGC too.

facebook twitter