Expedition Everest to ride or not?

How did you like Everest

• Loved it!

• Liked it OK

• Hated it!

• Me???on Everest??? You have to be kidding!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's what ya gotta do--get to AK right before it opens. Head to Asia when they let you in. Get a fast pass for EE. Ride EE. Ride EE again. Ride EE again. Ride EE again. Use your fast pass when you need to. Get another fast pass.
BTW--when you ride EE, be sure to ask for the front at least once, and the back car at least once.
It is a most excellent ride.
Oh, and don't forget to ride EE again!
:sunny:

so it doesn't go upside down? I can handle Disney Coasters mostly because they don't take me too far out of my comfort zone...

We went on Monday, went straight to EE at park opening. Got fastpasses then waited in standby line. DH liked it, I LOVED it, DS5 was a bit scared by the yeti, DS9 REALLY LOVED it. At fastpas time, DS5 did not want to go again, so DS9 and I rode twice in a row (we had two sets of fastpasses) and wished we could go again, but the line was 90 minutes by that time and fastpasses were out. We would have gone on many more times, but it the ride was down for quite a while on our other day at AK.
Have fun!

I haven't had the chance to ride EE yet, but I can't wait. My boyfriend's mom and dad went recently and rode EE. They didn't like it. His mom said it hurt her ears (I'm guessing from noise?), and his dad didn't like the fact that it went backwards. But from what I've heard its not a rough ride. His sister absolutely loved it. I couldn't imagine not giving it a shot!

DisneyDotty said:
Here's what ya gotta do--get to AK right before it opens. Head to Asia when they let you in. Get a fast pass for EE. Ride EE. Ride EE again. Ride EE again. Ride EE again. Use your fast pass when you need to. Get another fast pass.
BTW--when you ride EE, be sure to ask for the front at least once, and the back car at least once.
It is a most excellent ride.
Oh, and don't forget to ride EE again!
:sunny:
Well a bonus for us is there are 8 in our party and only 4 can/will ride....so we get to use the other fasspasses too!!!!! :cool1:

I would say definitely ride it, if you don't like it it's not the end of the world but at least you've experienced it once. Better than regretting it and wishing you'd done it, you don't go to Disney every day after all!!

I can't wait :teeth: and I don't even like some big thrill rides. We saw EE being built and it looked pretty darn scary... but now I'm all excited about it for some reason! :rotfl:

That's exactly what I did--looked it over and then had to get on to see for myself. Unfortunately, I found out that the backward part of the ride gave me a major, "deep" headache that lasted several hours. So I'll never get on again.
Should add tho that it's a fine ride otherwise.

Uncleromulus said:
That's exactly what I did--looked it over and then had to get on to see for myself. Unfortunately, I found out that the backward part of the ride gave me a major, "deep" headache that lasted several hours. So I'll never get on again.
Should add tho that it's a fine ride otherwise.
Hmmmm...I've been on tons of roller coasters.... but I haven't been on one that goes backwards in over 15 years(now I am feeling old) Hopefully it won't give me a headache...I'll make sure to bring advil just in case.

goofy4tink said:
May 16, 2006....about 4:30 in the afternoon, it's raining as we approach the entrance to AK. It's my first time on EE...I am more than a bit nervous, don't like heights, don't particularly like rollar coasters, but I am giving in to severe peer pressure.....very sad to see in a 56 y/o woman. Anyway....by the time the park closed, at 6:00, I had ridden EE 14 times, in rapid succession.
Everyone should try it at least once!!!

I am so glad to see this post. I'm 2 months older than you and don't care for roller coasters. Although over the years I have finally gotten so I can ride Space Mt. with my eyes open. I am nervous about EE but DH wants to ride it and I don't want to miss the experience. You have given me hope that not only will I survive EE but I might even enjoy it

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

kaw1218:
Oh this one goes backwards--and not slowly either!! Plus it is sort of a "helix" type motion that made it even worse (for me). The headache was of the sort that Advil probably wouldn't have helped--
But look--it's that part of the ride that others actually look forward to!! So there you go--.

Uncleromulus said:
kaw1218:
Oh this one goes backwards--and not slowly either!! Plus it is sort of a "helix" type motion that made it even worse (for me). The headache was of the sort that Advil probably wouldn't have helped--
But look--it's that part of the ride that others actually look forward to!! So there you go--.
I'll take the advil before I get on :lmao:

Thanks!

kaw1218 said:
Here's the thing. My aunt and uncle went to Disney a few weeks ago, my uncle did everest twice and LOVED it. Now my cousin and her family went last week, they said that everest stunk. I just want to know everyone's opinion of the new ride. Our trip is coming up soon and I wanted to know if it would be worth arranging our schedule.
Thanks for your participation!!!
23_30_1261.gif

I thought that ride was awesome! It's not super thrill but it sure is super fun! It is so different. The combination of the themeing, back-story, the detail and the animatronic Yeti makes this the most unique roller coaster I've ever ridden. I even enjoyed the queue. It felt like a real adventure. You've got to try it to see for yourself. :thumbsup2

My 6 yo went on it 3 times, hubby 2 times and me once. We LOVED it and can't wait to go on it again in nov. :thumbsup2

Seriously,

EE is such a great addition to AK. We rode it for the first time on 7/30/06. That day we rode it about 3 or 4 times. It is such a smooth rollercoaster. The backwards part is so much fun. The Yeti is so HUGE and really is a great ending to a fantastic roller coaster.

Our entire family LOVED it.

OMG!! I loved Everest!1 I went on it five times when I was down there!! That's the most I've ever been on one ride! Can't wait to ride it agin and hopefully I get past five time the next time!!

We loved it ... someone we met there described it best as BTMRR on steroids. Sure, it's far tamer than R&RC ... but fun, nevertheless! We rode it a few times and would def. put it on our "To Do" list for the next trip!

we went during the sneak peak for DVC members, luckily we weren't part of the guinea pigs that got stuck while they were working out the kinks, but we loved it. It is no where near as intense as R&R or the Hulk at IOA but it is a very enjoyable ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter