Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

February Resort Reservations

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Ours was quiet as we only saw my immediate family and Mike's brother but wonderful all the same. I also tortured my son with a zillion pictures since he had way too many Christmas outfits lol.

These are my favorites.

We spent the last few days nailing down our plans for February.

Our original plan was to stay at All-Star Movies but when I went to book it, the website had an error and told me to call. Of course, it was after hours at that point and I figured I'd call in the morning. Well, since I have a newborn and am lucky I know my name, I forgot. By the time I remembered, the reopening of All-Star Movies had been pushed back so was no longer bookable. Had I booked it that day, we would've saved some money and been moved to another resort but what can you do. 🤷‍♀️

So we are now booked at Pop Century from February 18-24! We had one night booked at Cabana Bay at Universal for the 24-25 which we decided to add a second night so now we'll be at Universal from the 24-26.

We're going to drive down and spend a few days with Mike's family first and arranged to stay with one of Mike's sisters until we go to Disney.

I also made our park pass reservations and some dining reservations! I'm excited that park hopping is coming back and I'm hoping to take advantage of it during our trip. I have no idea what a trip with a 2 month old will look like to plan for but right now he's pretty easy going and willing to sleep anywhere that isn't his bassinet :confused3:confused3 so hopefully that will still be the case.

Our first day I booked a pass for Magic Kingdom because it seems only natural for that to be Robert's first Disney park.

I'll have to do a similar picture to this one now that he's here in person!

Mike and I debated what Robert's first Disney ride should be and in the end we decided on:

It's A Small World!

Mike resisted the idea at first since he hates the ride lol but ultimately agreed with me. It was my first Disney ride and Mike has no idea what his first Disney ride was and it's just so classic Disney that it's perfect. Plus I'm hoping the music and colors will entertain him if he's awake for it lol.

We made lunch reservations at Whispering Canyon Cafe since MK table services isn't our favorite but I'm also thinking of changing our reservations to the Wave at the Contemporary since lunch/dinner seem to get good reviews there. Any thoughts/opinions?

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope 2021 has only positive things in store for all of us!

They said the standard is 3 nights for a c-section but with COVID they were allowing you to be discharged in 2 nights if you wanted. The baby was already cleared to be discharged and I was up and moving already and the only medical care I was getting was tylenol/motrin/gas-x and they gave me one dose of an iron infusion so I said there's no reason to stay here another night when we could do this all at home and be more comfortable!

Yikes, that's kind of quick! We still do 4 nights at my hospital for a c-section, 2 for a vaginal delivery. I don't blame you for wanting to get the heck out of there though, just glad you were okay!

Mike and I debated what Robert's first Disney ride should be and in the end we decided on:

It's A Small World!

So perfect! Of course, I might be bias because I love that ride, but I think it's perfect for a baby :love:

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope 2021 has only positive things in store for all of us!

Same to you, Courtney!

I also tortured my son with a zillion pictures since he had way too many Christmas outfits lol.
:laughing:
awwwww. :)
So we are now booked at Pop Century from February 18-24!
Nice! Skyliner resort. :thumbsup2
I'm excited that park hopping is coming back
Oh! I hadn't heard that. Good!
I have no idea what a trip with a 2 month old will look like to plan for but right now he's pretty easy going and willing to sleep anywhere that isn't his bassinet :confused3:confused3
There's only one thing that I know for sure about babies' routines.
They never stay the same!
Hope he stays easy going!
Our first day I booked a pass for Magic Kingdom because it seems only natural for that to be Robert's first Disney park.
::yes::
I'll have to do a similar picture to this one now that he's here in person!
Yes! Definitely!
It's A Small World!
While normally I would shudder... I actually think that's a great idea. :)
We made lunch reservations at Whispering Canyon Cafe since MK table services isn't our favorite but I'm also thinking of changing our reservations to the Wave at the Contemporary since lunch/dinner seem to get good reviews there. Any thoughts/opinions?
I've never eaten at The Wave (although I've heard good things)... I had the thought that WC might be too noisy? Maybe after a theme park, you'll be looking for quiet both for you and/or the baby.

How do you feel now after your c-section? My abdomen above my incision still feels numb and it's so strange!
It took a couple months I think. I cant really pin point when though. It can be a TINY bit tender if I poke it lol. The left side hurt longer than the right.
Wow! What a small world. Your dad must be a great man :flower1:. Also, Bob Iger's full name is apparently also Robert Allan!
Yes he is pretty awesome! I did not know that! Who knew it was such a common name!?

Ours was quiet as we only saw my immediate family and Mike's brother but wonderful all the same. I also tortured my son with a zillion pictures since he had way too many Christmas outfits lol.
He is just the sweetest!
So we are now booked at Pop Century from February 18-24! We had one night booked at Cabana Bay at Universal for the 24-25 which we decided to add a second night so now we'll be at Universal from the 24-26.
I love Pop! The rooms are awesome and you have the Skyliner!
right now he's pretty easy going and willing to sleep anywhere that isn't his bassinet :confused3:confused3 so hopefully that will still be the case.
Does he like to be in a wrap or a sling? That should make it easy to navigate the parks if he likes it.
It's A Small World!

Mike resisted the idea at first since he hates the ride lol but ultimately agreed with me. It was my first Disney ride and Mike has no idea what his first Disney ride was and it's just so classic Disney that it's perfect. Plus I'm hoping the music and colors will entertain him if he's awake for it lol.
Perfect choice!

Yikes, that's kind of quick! We still do 4 nights at my hospital for a c-section, 2 for a vaginal delivery. I don't blame you for wanting to get the heck out of there though, just glad you were okay!

It did seem quick to me but I was also surprised by how little was actually happening while we were in the hospital! There's no nursery so unless baby needs the NICU they're with you 24/7 which was fine for us since Mike was with me the whole time but they put me to sleep for the C/S and I was useless for a long time afterwards and then I wasn't allowed out of bed immediately after so I was wondering what they do for people without a support person or for people whose person might have to leave for other kids at home. :confused3 I also expected a lot more education to be taking place- we're first time parents and had no clue really what to do lol but I consider us relatively intelligent to figure it out but no one was ever really available to offer advice on if we were doing things right or wrong.

So perfect! Of course, I might be bias because I love that ride, but I think it's perfect for a baby :love:

It may not be my favorite ride but I love it because it's a classic and I think the bright colors and music are perfect for a baby also!

Oh! I hadn't heard that. Good!

Yess! I'm excited! It's more restricted and you can only hop after 2 pm and you have to call a hotline to make sure the park you want to hop to has availability but it seems like a step in the right direction to me!

There's only one thing that I know for sure about babies' routines.
They never stay the same!
Hope he stays easy going!

I am quickly learning this myself! It's crazy to me how he seems like a totally different baby this week than last week.

While normally I would shudder... I actually think that's a great idea. :)

I knew you would but it does seem very baby friendly!

I've never eaten at The Wave (although I've heard good things)... I had the thought that WC might be too noisy? Maybe after a theme park, you'll be looking for quiet both for you and/or the baby.

That's a good point! Now that he's starting to be more aware of his surroundings, he does seem to get thrown off by a lot going on so he might need the quiet time.

It took a couple months I think. I cant really pin point when though. It can be a TINY bit tender if I poke it lol. The left side hurt longer than the right.

The feeling is so strange to me. It's not really painful but I still hope it goes away soon lol.

Yes he is pretty awesome! I did not know that! Who knew it was such a common name!?

Right? Definitely not one I thought would be common lol

He is just the sweetest!

Thank you 💙 💙

Does he like to be in a wrap or a sling? That should make it easy to navigate the parks if he likes it.

We have a baby wrap but I haven't tried it yet. I have to pull it out and try it out this week. Hopefully he will like it since he loves being held and it will be a lot easier to get stuff done around the house if he'll go in it! It will definitely be easier in the parks too!

February 19 Plans!

In life updates, Robert turned 1 month old on the 6th :eek: and my mommy heart just can't believe he's a month old already!

He finally wore his Disney Christmas pajamas that day :rotfl:. Seriously, between me buying every cute Christmas outfit I saw and gifts, the kid had so many Christmas outfits that he still hasn't worn them all!

We braved going out in the world this week to go to an outlet mall near us. We went early on a Monday so it wasn't very crowded and Robert mostly slept through it. We received $200 in Carters gift cards so we went there and stocked up on clearance clothes for the summer and next winter! It was an additional 50% off clearance and everything only cost a few dollars so he basically has a full wardrobe for next year already lol. I also found the same Disney pajamas on clearance in the Disney store in 12 months so next year he'll have them again and I'm sure I'll cry taking a picture to see how much bigger is he.

I'm guessing most of us heard the news about Disney doing away with the Magical Express and EMH?

I know Disney is a business and losing a lot of money so I get it from that standpoint but it bums me out. I love the Disney resorts and still will continue to stay on-site mostly but for budget friendly trips, it's getting harder to justify staying on property. Right now other than being Disney obsessed, there's really no benefits to it. We found a great rate for the Doubletree Suites in the Disney Springs area for our dates in February and are seriously contemplating changing our reservation. Anyone ever stayed there?

Anyway, the second day of our trip is February 19th. We have a park pass reserved for Animal Kingdom and the park hours are posted as 9 am- 5 pm. Reminds me of the old days pre-Pandora when AK always closed at 5!

Animal Kingdom is my 2nd favorite park after Magic Kingdom. We didn't spend a ton of time there on our September trip because I couldn't ride most things and was having a harder time than I expected touring the parks pregnant so I'm excited to get back!

Robert has several cute Lion King onesies and Mike and I already own Lion King shirts so I sense a family outfit theme for the day.

8CE5F242-480F-4ED5-B217-767E113A4C4C (1).JPG
This picture doesn't show it well but there's a baby bump there!

I'm very excited to ride FOP and Expedition Everest again!

61074526-DDA9-4845-81EF-20528D404E1C.JPG
Even with this annoying pre-show man!

We don't have any ADRs in the park because we plan to use our Landry's card to eat at Yak and Yeti!

This is always a must-do for us because Mike is obsessed with this beef lo mein.

IMG-0049.jpg

And the cream cheese wontons are my favorite dessert!

IMG-0052.JPG

I'm assuming we won't spend the full day at the parks with the baby so I'm thinking we'll get there early and leave relatively early to go back to whatever hotel we end up at and relax.

For dinner, we booked an ADR at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs because I dream about the ribs! :love:

In life updates, Robert turned 1 month old on the 6th :eek: and my mommy heart just can't believe he's a month old already!
He is so adorable!
We received $200 in Carters gift cards so we went there and stocked up on clearance clothes for the summer and next winter! It was an additional 50% off clearance and everything only cost a few dollars so he basically has a full wardrobe for next year already lol. I also found the same Disney pajamas on clearance in the Disney store in 12 months so next year he'll have them again and I'm sure I'll cry taking a picture to see how much bigger is he.
I used to do the exact same thing when family would give us money at Christmas. I'd head out to the mall on Boxing Day and completely stock up for the next year. I saved so much money that way!
We found a great rate for the Doubletree Suites in the Disney Springs area for our dates in February and are seriously contemplating changing our reservation. Anyone ever stayed there?
We stayed there one night in 2015 before checking in the Beach Club. It was very clean and the separate bedroom area and mini kitchen was perfect. They also had a great breakfast. We really liked it! I stayed at the B resort in March 2019 (on that same street) and found it good as well.

He finally wore his Disney Christmas pajamas that day
We got those same jammies! I may have gotten the whole family the matching jammies. We found a photographer who was doing private mini sessions with Santa so I brought the jammies incase Santa got Covid (it was mentioned he could cancel if needed), figuring we could take some family photos instead. Well Santa was there and the photographer saw the pajamas and was like, well we have to do that too so go put them on! The photos came out so cute! We also got the "Baby's 1st Xmas" onesie from the Disney Store. I may also have a problem buying all the cute stuff lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter