Excited to make our ADR's - any advice on restaurants?

Fivemuggles

Mouseketeer
This will only be our 2nd trip - We will be there Sept 28-Oct 6th. Praying for free dining to be announced soon!! :yay: (Our kids are 13, 12 and 8)

Sunday - MK - Be Our Guest Dinner - 8:00

Monday - HS - Sci-Fi Dinner Theater - 8:00

Tuesday - AK - 1900 Park Faire - 8:00

Wednesday - Epcot - Akershus 8:00

Thursday - MK - CRt for lunch - but I am debating on switching this? We are doing park faire and storybook dining - do we really need to use 2 credits on this? We've been before... if not where else would you suggest?

Friday - AK - ESPN for dinner (for the huz and 13 yr old boy child)

Saturday - Hs - ???

Sunday - Chef Mickey for breakfast then head home

Anything awesome I am missing out on?

This will only be our 2nd trip - We will be there Sept 28-Oct 6th. Praying for free dining to be announced soon!! :yay: (Our kids are 13, 12 and 8)

Sunday - MK - Be Our Guest Dinner - 8:00

I just made our ADRs today. Be our Guest was the one w/ which I had the most problems, & I was making it for our 10th night. We are a party of 5 as well, &, this morning, at 7:00 am, there were only 2 times available for the day I wanted &, again, this was for the 10th day of our trip, not the first. If you can, I'd switch this to Thursday where you might have a better chance of getting the ADR instead of trying for one that is exactly 180 days out, if that makes sense. Maybe do CRT on this day for dinner or, if you feel like you're doing enough princess meals w/ 1900 Park Fare & Akershus, you could do some place like Whispering Canyon Café at the Wilderness Lodge or 'Ohana at the Poly. My kids love both WCC & 'Ohana - both are fun family restaurants. If you wanted to stay in the MK, you could try Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, or Tony's Town Square. (Tony's doesn't always get great reviews, but it's always been hit or miss w/ us - some years, it's good, & some years it's only okay - but we love the cute Lady & the Tramp theme!)

Monday - HS - Sci-Fi Dinner Theater - 8:00

My kids love Sci-Fi!

Tuesday - AK - 1900 Park Faire - 8:00

I wouldn't do 3 princess meals unless your DDs are just princess-crazy, so I'd drop one of them - CRT, 1900 Park Fare, or Akershus. After our AK day, we really like either Yak & Yeti in the AK or Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. At the AKL, there is storytelling at the fire which is neat - you can also walk around the lodge & look at the animals.

Wednesday - Epcot - Akershus 8:00

Again, I'd drop one princess meal. If you dropped this one, you could try one of the other World Showcase restaurants (Via Napoli, Chefs de France, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, etc. - lots of fun places to try!) or Garden Grill (fun character meal w/ Chip & Dale) or Coral Reef (your kids might enjoy the aquarium) in Future World.

Thursday - MK - CRt for lunch - but I am debating on switching this? We are doing park faire and storybook dining - do we really need to use 2 credits on this? We've been before... if not where else would you suggest?

I'd really consider switching Be our Guest to this day just to increase your chances of getting an ADR. If you wanted to keep CRT, I'd switch it to dinner on your Sunday evening.

Friday - AK - ESPN for dinner (for the huz and 13 yr old boy child)

Sounds good! ;)

Saturday - Hs - ???

Are you planning on staying in HS for the evening (Fantasmic)? If so, you might consider a Fantasmic Lunch or Dinner Package... we like Mama Melrose's for the Fantasmic Package. Or, you could take the resort boat to the Beach Club & try the buffet at Cape May & then come back into HS for your evening if you were planning on staying for the evening.

Sunday - Chef Mickey for breakfast then head home

We love breakfast at Chef Mickey's! It's one of our must-do's & I think it's a perfect ending for your trip!

Anything awesome I am missing out on?

My suggestions are in red! Hope this helps some!

Thanks!! That was really helpful!!
I really think I am going to change CRT - the only kid who likes princesses is our 8 yr old - the other 2 will be bored with THAT many princesses haha!

First.. have a wonderful time and second.... I like to pick places that offer flavors I "CAN'T" get back at home. Living in Las Vegas it's hard because we have everything here so I go with my staples first and move out from there.

Not much help I know but there you go.. again have a great time!

Living in Ft Wayne, we don't get any of this back home!

We really liked Rainforest Café in AK even though it's a chain. We also enjoyed Tony's Towne Square, but you have to really want pasta, as the servings are HUGE!

And Chef Mickey's is a must for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter