Exchnage your desert for a side item?

Lexie

Mouseketeer
Can you your desert that comes with a CS meal for a side item?

As an Example...Say your at Flame Tree BBQ in AK, and you'd like a second corn muffin instead of a slice of key lime pie. Would they let you do this?

As an Example...Say your at Flame Tree BBQ in AK, and you'd like a second corn muffin instead of a slice of key lime pie. Would they let you do this?

good question!

At Cosmic Ray's I was able to get a side instead of my dessert. I don't care for prepackaged sweets so I asked for apple Slices. I know they are prepackaged but at least they are fruit.

you can ask -- they are not supposed to sub for the dessert, but some people have reported being allowed to trade for sides. It's not typically allowed though.

At flame tree I changed the corn bread for a cole slaw but that is a side for a side. But you would think dessert being more expensive then a side they would do it? But then again this is Disney so it may depend on the CM taking your order.:confused3

I just ask "Is there anything I can get instead of the dessert". At Peco's I switched mine for chili and my husbands for salad.

It probably depends on the restaurant and the CM who happens to be helping you.

At Columbia Harbor House, we were able to substitute a cup of chowder for the dessert (this was a couple of years ago, but it was the CM herself who suggested it to a man in front of me who didn't want the dessert).

At the Pop Century food court last month, there was a huge list of things you could substitute for the dessert-salad, celery & carrot sticks, fruit bowl, cheese nachos, etc. We substituted frequently when dining at our resort.

It never hurts to ask..... Sometimes you can get a specialty drink for the normal drink if you get the right person.

Sometimes it is worth it to look at the CM at the register before deciding which lane to go down. Some are better than others.....that's all I'll say.

I wish you could sub the Dessert for an Appetizer, I miss the old dining plan days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter