exchange ts for cs?

williamson_ja

DIS Veteran
My mom was asking if she could do this and I wasn't sure. Has anyone been able to exchange a Table Service credit for Counter Service this year at free dining? My mom is worried about some of the long waits for table service restaurants. They have reservations, but she has a medical condition that requires her to eat at certain times. So, if the wait was especially long at the TS she had her reservations at, could she cancel that and just eat CS somewhere??

Don't count on it absolutely...be sure she asks cashier before she orders because it does not always work. (They are not doing the official trade table service for counter service this year...apparently there is no shortage of table service.) During non-free-dining periods, people have reported limited success getting park counter service to take table service credits. Usually people have better success at the resort counter service.

I'm not saying this would happen again, but dh went to Wolfgang Puck Exp and they gave us 3 CS meals for our TS credits we had left.

Well I talked to a cast member yesterday and asked what if I can not find a table service if it is all booked up. She said I could used it as counter. To me that is a waste but I think with a medical condition disney shuld be accomodating I would go to guest services that day in the park you are going to east and ask.

I've asked many cast members and actually got an email stating that you could trade a TS for a CS directly, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)

I wouldn't worry about it either.
Regardless of what a CM says, if they give you any difficulty, just ask for a manager and let them know the situation. I'm certain they will accomodate you.
There is no reason for them to send you away to a TS.

I think that the reports about NOT trading a TS for a CS because there is plenty of TS space isn't completely what was discussed. Because there is plenty of TS space, you CANNOT trade a TS for a CS AND get extra snack credits in addition to the CS credit. It is currently just and even one for one trade and no 'upgrade' of extra snacks.

Trading one for the other is not a problem.

I can't possibly believe that there are plenty of ts available! It seems like when I have tried to change any reservations, there was absolutely nothing else available. They are even calling to cancel some people's reservations because of overbooking. Wierd. I am glad that they will do it just in case though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter