Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Not sure if these were mentioned in the previous pages, but about how long is the wait usually for Tron and Guardians using the VQ? Nervous about a boarding group call time conflicting with ADRs.

We waited an hour in the VQ for Tron. Maybe 30 minutes for Cosmic Rewind. Tron turns away late arrivals. We were told officially it's if you're more than 1 hour late. We were not yet one hour late when we first got in line but by the time we got to tap in it was 1 hour and 4 minutes past our window and we were turned away on Tron. This made us very nervous as our Cosmic Rewind boarding group was called while we were starting the Behind the Seeds tour. They told us at Epcot that paid experience always take priority and not to worry. Sure enough. we got to Cosmic Rewind, more than an hour late and tapped in with no problem.

I was told the difference is that they're keeping everyone from missing their VQ time to ride at night on Tron. The Tron experience was also the first rude cast member I've encountered as well (that wasn't "in character")l. They were just jerks in the line, treating us as if we could have prevented missing our time and that it was our fault we were late. I understood the turning us away, that those are the rules, but there was zero need to be rude about it.

How quickly are the Tron free boarding passes getting filled up these days? My son will be there Tuesday. He wont get to the park until 930-10am (band trip) but will try and get the boarding pass at 7am. Are they gone in seconds? Minutes?

How quickly are the Tron free boarding passes getting filled up these days? My son will be there Tuesday. He wont get to the park until 930-10am (band trip) but will try and get the boarding pass at 7am. Are they gone in seconds? Minutes?
Virtual queue boarding groups for Tron will be gone in a second. If you miss it and are staying on property, you can purchase an ILL at 7am as well.

Virtual queue boarding groups for Tron will be gone in a second. If you miss it and are staying on property, you can purchase an ILL at 7am as well.
1:00 pm VQ is also an option and should be much easier. Of course if you have hopping plans that might cause an issue depending on what you end up with.

As long as you have a disney pass on yout account, are u able to jump into the virtual queue or do you have to show that you are going to MK.

The 7AM drop is full within a few seconds. If he is not successful at 7AM, the 1 PM drop normally lasts a while.

As long as you have a disney pass on yout account, are u able to jump into the virtual queue or do you have to show that you are going to MK.
If you have a 4 Day/4 Park pass you are eligible to book a VQ at 7AM. If you don’t have that type of ticket you will need to have a park reservation to be eligible to book a VQ.

The 7AM drop is full within a few seconds. If he is not successful at 7AM, the 1 PM drop normally lasts a while.

If you have a 4 Day/4 Park pass you are eligible to book a VQ at 7AM. If you don’t have that type of ticket you will need to have a park reservation to be eligible to book a VQ.
Ty for the info. He will have to find out tomorrow what is going on. The band trip itinerary has MK on Tuesday. However, they dont have 4 day passes. Only at disney 2 days. However, I assume the travel company must have arranged somwthing considering the itinerary has them at MK on Tuesday.

Our week is finally here! My question is- for the 6 pm Boarding Group, what is the earliest they are calling people back? We will be at Epcot for dinner, and hopping over.

I scored a boarding group at every 7 AM drop with no problems. I don't know if it was luck or what. However, if you get a 7AM group and it is called before you get to the park Tron will not let you board late. They will, however, let you join the 1 pm drop if you miss your boarding group window from the 7 am drop. At least, this was our experience.

I’m hoping to try and ride tron at night tomorrow. I was planning to join at the 1pm VQ drop. Do I need to wait until a little after 1pm to join or will joining right at 1pm help me get a night time ride?

I’m hoping to try and ride tron at night tomorrow. I was planning to join at the 1pm VQ drop. Do I need to wait until a little after 1pm to join or will joining right at 1pm help me get a night time ride?
That will be hard to time. Yesterday, I waited until about 1:30 or 2 (can’t remember exactly but it was well past 1) and got group 180, which was called around 9pm

Hello all!
I have tried to read as much as I could, but I wanted to confirm that the boarding group for Guardians will allow you to enter the queue even if you are late? I am considering trying to enter the VQ for our arrival day while at the airport that morning for our early flight. Obviously this runs the risk of our group being called before we get to our resort. We should arrive at our resort by noon and we're staying at Yacht club, so we should be able to get into the park fairly quickly, but it's still a risk. Has anyone tried to do this for their arrival day?

Probably after, but I don’t think it’s that easy. The time it takes for the 1 pm drop to fill up varies significantly, it doesn’t seem that clear when you’d have to jump in to get a spot from 8:30 or so onward. Worst case scenario is that you mistime it and miss it completely.

IMG_9988.jpeg

Hello all!
I have tried to read as much as I could, but I wanted to confirm that the boarding group for Guardians will allow you to enter the queue even if you are late? I am considering trying to enter the VQ for our arrival day while at the airport that morning for our early flight. Obviously this runs the risk of our group being called before we get to our resort. We should arrive at our resort by noon and we're staying at Yacht club, so we should be able to get into the park fairly quickly, but it's still a risk. Has anyone tried to do this for their arrival day?
There's no issue with this, you'll be able to get into Guardians anytime after your BG is called (before the park closes). Not the same for TRON, but no issue for GotG.

Personal experience: I got Boarding Group 1 and tapped in for the ride around 6PM. The CMs at the taps were calling out "Boarding Groups XX and lower" - so anything that had previously been called was fine.

We did the 1 PM drop last week right at 1 and our group (130's) was called about 7 PM. Though it was light when we got in line, it was dark by the time we rode.

What was the earliest Bg call and window?

I remember when ROTR was a VQ we got BG 6 or 8 and were called 30 mins before park opening and had only 30 mins after park opening to ride. I was always under the impression that the first group had a 1 hour window from park opening and so we planned on being there just before 10 am. We barely made it in the grace period with sprinting (with a double stroller).

Does Tron have a 5 min before and 15 min after grace period?

I understand GOTG VQ return times are not enforced (can ride anytime after being called) but Tron return times are.

What was the earliest Bg call and window?

I remember when ROTR was a VQ we got BG 6 or 8 and were called 30 mins before park opening and had only 30 mins after park opening to ride. I was always under the impression that the first group had a 1 hour window from park opening and so we planned on being there just before 10 am. We barely made it in the grace period with sprinting (with a double stroller).

Does Tron have a 5 min before and 15 min after grace period?

I understand GOTG VQ return times are not enforced (can ride anytime after being called) but Tron return times are.
I was told by a cast member last week that Tron has a 1 hour grace period. Not sure how accurate that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter