Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to join the 6pm Tron VQ even if you HAVE NOT tapped in to MK? (With AP/park hopper ticket and different starting park reservation.)

I thought I saw in this thread that you could, but in their recent MK Extended Evening Hours video, Ear Scouts on YouTube says you have to have tapped in before 6pm.

Thank you!!

Edited to add, I see it's literally listed in post 2, I am just an anxious planner lol. :scared:

It’s entirely because they’re worried that people will delay checking in so they can ride Tron at night. I say this as someone who specifically booked a Tron ILL so I could do that. They might change the policy if there’s an indication that it isn’t as big an issue as they expected but I can definitely tell you that there are people on social media recommending to ride at night (and it is better at night).
Yes our AP preview and D23 had both night and day times so we were able to do both. Agree the nighttime ride is better but would say since the ride is so short that's about 10 seconds difference lol. Maybe the policy should be to allow anyone to come late until the sun sets then cut it off?!

Does anyone know for the Epcot after hours event if you’ll have to request a virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind or will they have a standby line available for the event?

They still do the VQ for Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe Resort Guests (the one that drops at 6pm), right? If so, it's possible they'll do the same thing for After Hours.

So just to make sure I understand. If I have Park Hopper and start my day at Animal Kingdom I will not be able to do the 1pm drop as I cannot tap into EPCOT until 2pm due to the park hopper restriction.

So just to make sure I understand. If I have Park Hopper and start my day at Animal Kingdom I will not be able to do the 1pm drop as I cannot tap into EPCOT until 2pm due to the park hopper restriction.
Correct. You will not be able to do the 1:00 drop for Guardians at 1:00 since you will not have entered Epcot yet. Sometimes, the 1:00 drop lasts long enough for park hoppers to enter Epcot before all the boarding groups are gone, however. If that case, you would be allowed to join the VQ as soon as you entered Epcot.

Edit: It looks like the VQ has been open past 2:00 a lot lately.
1684272234403.png

Last edited:
Correct. You will not be able to do the 1:00 drop for Guardians at 1:00 since you will not have entered Epcot yet. Sometimes, the 1:00 drop lasts long enough for park hoppers to enter Epcot before all the boarding groups are gone, however. If that case, you would be allowed to join the VQ as soon as you entered Epcot.

View attachment 761097
It’s open right now at 5:39pm.

It’s open right now at 5:39pm.
It’s dependent on crowds, there have been busy times where the 1:00 drop lasts five minutes, seems like it’s generally been open beyond 2 since the Easter crowds have died down though. Thrill Data has a chart showing how long it’s lasted each day.

EDIT: didn’t see the post above this!

For those who have done the VQ during extended evening hours, about how long is the experience taking? just watched a vlog, where it took about 1 hour out of the 2 hrs of extended hours to do Tron, from the time they got in line, from the time they were done. We're trying to get an idea of what to expect if we do get the Tron VQ, how much time it'll take away from other rides. Thanks!

For those who have done the VQ during extended evening hours, about how long is the experience taking? just watched a vlog, where it took about 1 hour out of the 2 hrs of extended hours to do Tron, from the time they got in line, from the time they were done. We're trying to get an idea of what to expect if we do get the Tron VQ, how much time it'll take away from other rides. Thanks!
I’ve walked on to guardians during evening emh before. For tron I want to say it took about 20 min all in.

View attachment 761097
I recently did this. Scanned in to Epcot at 1:45 and immediately got a boarding group, which was called around 6 pm.

Does anyone know for the Epcot after hours event if you’ll have to request a virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind or will they have a standby line available for the event?
When I did an after hours for Galaxy's Edge, they gave everyone a paper ticket for ROTR with a return time as you entered the event. After about an hour they just opened it up to anyone. No idea if it will be the same.

I’ve walked on to guardians during evening emh before. For tron I want to say it took about 20 min all in.
Hi. I had this same question so thanks for answering. We’ll be there for Epcot EETPH soon. I’m wondering if anyone knows whether you’re better off jumping into the queue asap at 9pm (maybe during a lull while the fireworks are happening) or waiting until later?

Thanks!!!!

Hi. I had this same question so thanks for answering. We’ll be there for Epcot EETPH soon. I’m wondering if anyone knows whether you’re better off jumping into the queue asap at 9pm (maybe during a lull while the fireworks are happening) or waiting until later?

Thanks!!!!
I’ve done it both ways. During harmonious it was a complete walk on. Later in the evening it was maybe a 10-15 minute wait max to the preshow room.

Someone in a thread about the new 4-day tickets coming soon had a good question.

Since these tickets will not require a park reservation, how will that affect getting a VQ since obtaining a VQ require a park reservation to be able to try at 7AM.

The only similar reference we currently have are APs. Have any APs tried to obtain a VQ at 7AM without a park reservation? Did MDE allow you to obtain one that you could use once you enter the park? Guess this really only works right now for GotG where return times are not being enforced.

TIA for any experiences you can share.

Someone in a thread about the new 4-day tickets coming soon had a good question.

Since these tickets will not require a park reservation, how will that affect getting a VQ since obtaining a VQ require a park reservation to be able to try at 7AM.

The only similar reference we currently have are APs. Have any APs tried to obtain a VQ at 7AM without a park reservation? Did MDE allow you to obtain one that you could use once you enter the park? Guess this really only works right now for GotG where return times are not being enforced.

TIA for any experiences you can share.
We are AP but have not been in the parks since they changed the policy in late April stating that if you go into the parks after 2pm you don't need a reservation. Prior to that I can confirm we could only get 7am VQ for the park we had a reservation at. My guess is they probably only allow us to get the VQ after 2pm (for the 1pm VQ offering). However, if anyone has experience in the past month would love to know bc we have an upcoming visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter